001

Song of the Chapter: Someone You Like - The Girl and the Dreamcatcher

"VESPER Celeste Moon, pleasure to finally meet you." She greets the famous celebrity. 

An enough amount of enthusiasm in her voice and a very welcoming smile is shown in her lips as she politely bowed a little. Hiding the fact that she is anxiously nervous to meet the boyfriend in her eight-year-old imaginary world. She was a fan, alright? What do you expect for her to react? It's even surprising that she has been keeping it cool right now.

An amused smirk plastered on his lips, remembering her name is as beautiful as the starry night sky displayed outside. 

"Please, the pleasure s'all mine." His deep and raspy British accent responds. She shyly nods her head. 

Amazed that she is now hearing his voice behind a microphone and a screen, she couldn't contain the smile - or a grin, rather - she has been hiding until the cold breeze snaps her back to reality.

He extended his hand and pointed to the chair behind her, signalling for her to seat while he was taking his. As they got comfortable, Vesper decided to speak while pulling her journal and pen out from her shoulder bag. 

"So, any song ideas that's been running through your mind? Based from my research, your taste in music is mostly rock so..." She rambles as she clicks her pen and opening her journal to a blank page, preparing to write.

"Woah, easy now, babe." He cut her off, chuckling. "Lose the formality, fo' now, yeah? And just... Enjoy the mouth-waterin' foods and highly-recommended drinks, yeah? I didn't invite ya to a café fo' writin' immediately." 

She sighs quietly, following the demand of her now called boss. Closing the journal and bringing it back in her bag, he starts a conversation. "So, what should I call ya? Vesper? Celeste?" He asks while stirring a cup of tea with a spoon.

"Vee would be fine." She answers, putting a strand of hair behind her ear. He grins widely. 

"Vee." He repeats. "So, since I've been informed that you've received a brief introduction 'bout me, tell me 'bout yourself."

She looks at him, confusion in her eyes - or just plain dumbfounded - by his request. She smiles awkwardly. "I think that won't be necessary."

Then, it was his turn to look at her with confusion. "Now, now."

He chuckles lightly as he adjusts his seat.

"Vee, how could we work together if we've no idea with each other?"

One week ago...

Stargazing is a hobby of Vee. If there's a word that would mean beyond 'in love', that'll be perfect to describe it than just a 'hobby'. She finds peace and calmness whenever she does it. Besides books, stars, moon and the dark night sky is her escape to reality.

'Maybe it has a connection to my name.', she thought.

Her first name meaning 'the evening star', her middle name meaning 'celestial' and her last name being the only light shining from the darkness that surrounds it.

She was listening to an ABBA song while staring at her picture-perfect view when she felt a presence beside her. She pulled the earphones from her ear and turned to her side.

"Hey, X." She greeted her three-year-old cousin. 

"Mom is calling you." He cutely stated while giggling. 

"Okay. Let's stand up now, then." She stood up first and fixed her shirt then extended her arm for her cousin to stand up as well.

He accepted it and as soon as he stood up, he ran towards inside their house. She giggled before following Xander. She is currently in Los Angeles, staying in her aunt's house, for a few months until her school starts again. Vee's mother decided it'd be nice for her to explore a different country than Philippines if she would really like to pursue her dream in writing. Well, that was what she told her but she knew what's the real reason. 

"Auntie, you called?" She asked as soon as she reached the kitchen where her aunt is washing dishes and Xander sitting on a bar stool, eating chocolate. 

"Oh, yes! I have a very merry, wonderful, amazing, great news for you, Vee!" Her aunt Trixie cheered while Vee sat on a bar stool, sitting beside Xander. 

"So, I have a friend that has a friend that has a friend that has a friend who is a famous celebrity! He is in need of a couple of writers for his next album and I recommended you! You know, some extra cash while you're here just like you wanted..." She explained.

"Okay. When am I going to meet this famous singer you're talking about?" Vee asked. 

"Oh, they haven't said a date, time and place but most probably next week. He's really famous! And you're a big fan of this person!" She remarked. 

"I'm a fan of a couple of musicians. Care to be more specific?" The oblivious girl asked once again. 

She finally left the sink and faced me while drying her hands. "Guess!!!" Her aunt chimed making her laugh a little.

"Uhm... Fetty Wap?" She joked. 

"You're a fan of Fetty Wap?" She asked, surprised. 

"Maybe..." Vee joked once more. "No but seriously, who?"  

"He's from One Direction." A simple sentence, enough to make Vee's eyes widen.

'Holy shit.', she thought. 

"Wha- how-- who?" She stuttered. 

"Harry Styles." Her aunt Trixie shrugged like it was not a big deal at all but not for Vee.

Her eyes widen ever more, almost popping from her sockets. Her aunt said more but she didn't hear the rest.

'I'm going to meet Harry Styles. No! I'm going to work for Harry Styles!'

She was so stunned of the idea of meeting him when she forgot something, making her eyes widen once more but for this time, because of worry and fright.

This is not the usual job she accepts. She writes for aspiring singers and musicians, the one who barely recognizes, the one who's still rising to the top but not an already world - reknowned rock star.

"Auntie!"

She shouted abruptly, making her aunt snapped her head from Xander to her.

"I have never written a song." She worried, making her aunt sighed out of relief. 

"I thought you were going to back out." She muttered. 

"What if I---" Vee wasn't able to finished her sentence when a phone notification sound was heard. Her aunt Trixie pulled it up from her pocket and checked what was it.

"I just got the details." Aunt Trixie informed Vee, making Vee's shoulders slumped.

'Could I survive this?', she asked herself.

a/n:

I'm back, peeps! Hope y'all comment while reading and thanks for the reads and appreciation! God bless!