Chapter One

It was a brisk October night in the small town called Greendale. While her cousin, Sabrina Spellman, had decided to go out with friends to see the latest horror film to hit the theaters, Addison Spellman sat perfectly content upon the maple colored sofa in the living room. Her mother, Zelda, happened to be seated next to her, carefully reading the Satanic bible with her arm resting around her daughter. Addison happened to be glued to Lord of The Flies, unable to put down the novel ever since her Aunt Hilda took her to the library. 

"Mom? When is 'Brina going to get home?" The scarlet haired girl asked, raising a brow up at her mother.

Zelda sighed softly as she glanced down at her only child, smiling softly at the sight of her. 

"The movie should end soon Addison, give it about thirty minutes.." Her mother responded, gently running a hand through the girl's hair.

Addison huffed slightly, not being able to understand her cousin's behavior. How could Sabrina become friends with... well, mortals of all people? Perhaps it was due to the fact that her blonde cousin was indeed a half breed, both mortal and witch. Addison on the other hand, was full witch. At least, that's what her mother had stated, which the redhead took to heart, due to her mother's hard beliefs in the Church of The Night, however, Addison had absolutely no idea who her father was. 

She always acted as if it didn't bothered her, why she had her mother, Auntie Hilda, Sabrina, and Ambrose, why would she need her father? It still managed to haunt her though, in the late hours of the night. Who could it be, someone from the coven? That was the likely answer, but who? It was impossible to pin a person down as her father, which left a hopeless feeling in the poor girl's soul. She couldn't dwell on it too much however, she still had the core of her family. Her friends hardly even had that.

The Weird Sisters was the nickname Sabrina used for the trio that could be seen throughout the forest, but Addison however, knew them as their first names. Prudence, Agatha, and Dorcas. Being sent off so early to the Academy of Unseen Arts, Addison had practically been glued to the sisters' sides, hoping to gain friendship and protection from the three of them. It had worked, much to her liking, and she even considered them her best friends. Well two of them, the third however, lovely Dorcas, earned more sweeter title, due to Addison's tendency to dream about the redhead. But that was a story for another time.

Watching the clock tick ever so slowly, Addison let out a small sigh watching it, leaning to rest her head gently upon her mother's shoulder. It wasn't fair, how Sabrina could go out into the world and pretend like this life full of magic and the Dark Lord didn't exist. How could she go to school with... mortals of all creatures. Her cousin was quite the odd bird, she was even dating one. Harvey Kinkle, who Addison did not take a liking to, due to his obliviousness to quite possibly everything around him. It wasn't his fault of course, most mortals were not the brightest, but Addison had been raised to think highly of herself, which caused the smaller redhead to judge mortals in a large scale. 

"Cookies are finished loves! I even made your favorite Addy, snickerdoodle!" Aunt Hilda proclaimed excitedly, bringing out a tray of cookies from the kitchen. 

Smiling brightly, Addison perked up as she quickly got out of her mother's arms to hurry over to her blonde aunt. 

"Thank you Auntie!" Addison replied, quickly reaching for one of the freshly baked cookies. 

"For Satan's sake Hilda..." Zelda groaned, glancing up at the sight with a small unamused expression, which earned a shrug from the blonde.

"Come on Mom, you know you want one.." Addison teased, grabbing a cookie for her mother as she quickly gave her aunt a hug before returning to the sofa.

"You know, I really wish you wouldn't eat in the living room." Zelda scowled lightly, as she carefully took the extra snickerdoodle out of Addison's hand.

"Just this once?" Addison pleaded, glancing up at her mother with an innocent look.

Zelda sighed softly as she opened her arms for the redhead, who happily dove in for a hug. 

"Just this once..." She replied quietly, taking a bite out of the cookie as Addison carefully nuzzled into her.

"I love you Mom..." Addison whispered, as she gazed up at Zelda.

"I love you too dear...." Zelda replied, wrapping her arms around her daughter.

The sweet moment lasted a few minutes before the ever so loud giggles from outside rang throughout the home. Addison raised a brow from within her mother's arms as she watched the window, seeing none other than her blonde cousin, Sabrina, running around with her boyfriend. Scowling slightly at the sight, Addison turned back to bury her face into Zelda as she mumbled quiet responses. 

"Mortals..." She groaned.