Saeran x MC

// Based on Another Story/V Route from days 1-6 because I'm only that far into the route and have some angsty fantasies about Ray!Saeran //
MC was sitting on the floor, crying in self-pity after she convinced the so-called "Savior" to let her return to her room.
Suddenly she heard a soft knocking at her door. It was Ray.
"MC, can I come in?" he spoke softly. The voice she fell in love with just encouraged her tears to escape her eyes even more. She didn't want him to see her tears, but at the same time she wanted to be comforted by him, or at least his welcoming presence.

MC took too long to respond, so Ray entered the room cautiously, only to find his beloved sitting on the floor with tears running down her face. The tears broke his heart; he could not bear to see such a bright face breaking in sorrow. He cared for her dearly and wished that she be happy, no matter what it takes.

"MC! What's wrong?" Ray asked in a panicked tone, "Did something happen to you?" His usually bright and cheerful appearance only made MC cry even more as she wallowed in the feeling of inferiority.

"I can't help it," MC choked out through her sobs, "I just love you too much." Upon hearing these words, Ray stood in shock. She loves him?
"And why would that be sad?" Ray questioned, "Do you still think I'm a bad person?" His insecurities grew as he was reminded that he couldn't protect her from that traitor V. If only he had recognized his voice, or even his face, earlier, MC would still believe his true sincerity toward her. If only she had never encountered V, maybe she would have taken the elixir. Maybe she would have stayed with him longer. But now he sees her less. The Savior had requested to keep MC in her company, rather than let her stay in her room. He misses her more. He doesn't get to see her or even talk to her everyday anymore. The hole in his heart was filled with her, but when the Savior decided to take her, it returned. At least he now knew why she was so precious to him; it was because he loved her.

"I love you, Ray," MC began, "but I'll never be your top priority." She continues to sob.
"You will always put the Savior above me, even if it was against your will, you barely have a choice," MC continues to wipe her tears away, "I have seen her, and she is beautiful, do you love her? You will always love her more than me. After all, I have never done anything to help you." Ray seemed to be shocked at her words. "I'm sorry for being selfish, but I love you and want to see you more and talk to you more, just like how we met. I don't care if the people from what you called a 'game' are actually real; I only care if your love for me is real. Did you really care for me, or is it only because your 'Savior' told you to? Are you only being nice to me because you want the Savior to gain another follower? You're only being nice to me because you want me to be willing to take that elixir. If you ever really cared for me like you said you did, you wouldn't force me to do what I don't want. I don't want to leave you, so why are you making me leave to go with the Savior? She never saved me; you're the one who saved me, so why can't I just stay here with you?"