Air Hockey

Sam Winchester had the patience of a saint. Whether that meant waiting up for his older brother and father to come home from a hunt, pacing his breath and slowing his heartbeat so that he wouldn't be found out in a hiding spot, waiting by his brother's feet while the elder cleaned guns in silence, or even doing the pee-pee dance with a hand between his legs while he begged Dean to come out of the bathroom sooner rather than later. What he didn't have patience for, however, is air hockey. Once in awhile, after Sam had learned well enough how to defend himself and they were both itching in anticipation for their father to come back home, Dean would sneak them out of the shit motel room their dad had gotten them for the night and take his little brother to an arcade. There was only one rule on nights like these. They have to play air hockey together. It was something that Sam resented and when Dean got that smirk on his face at the, "hey, wanna get some air?" he'd offer, Sam wanted to slap it off of him. 

 "I hate this." Sam would whine, the puck slamming into his goal for the last time that round, deeming Dean the winner. 

"You love it." Dean would insist, smiling widely at his third victory that night. "You're just not trying hard enough." 

Sam huffed as Dean put another dollar in the machine and it whooshed with content as it started up again. Three scores on Sam's goal had Sam's hands in his own hair, scratching his poor scalp furiously. He pushed his bangs out of his face, hitting the puck over to Dean's side, but his efforts were to no avail. 

"I thought this game was to relieve stress, not make me more stressed." Dean could hear the pout in Sam's voice before he could see it. 

Dean mimicked the look on his face. "You're just angry that you can't win." He teased, hitting the puck back over to Sam's side. 

"You're just an asshole who can't stand to lose." Sam declared, hitting the puck harder than necessary. "That's why we always have to play this stupid game." 

"Tell you what," Dean grinned, his eyes shining with delight. "Win and I'll get you a surprise."

Sam cocked an eyebrow, but curiosity always got one over on the younger brother.