Prologue

'In Principio'
Latin for In the Beginning.

~

The WindClan nursery was empty except for the small forms of three cats as thunder shook the hollow. Rain soaked the pelts of whomever dared to leave the shelter of the dens, which few did. In a corner of warm den was a small version of the freshkill pile. Soft humming came from the once still figure of the larger cat, her tufted ginger tail curled around the bodies of her two kittens. A song of the nurseries of twoleg kits left her lips, a rhyme filled tune that comforted the children through thick and thin while they slept. She sang for the sake of her kits, to keep them calm. But lightning sent the tiny kits into a panic, resulting in the kits cowering against their mother's belly. They were too young to understand. C r a c k, C r e e e a a k, S N A P. The makeshift dam created around the hollow collapsed, and water flooded in. Waves upon waves carried the cats away, their clan, everything. A fate met by all four clans. A punishment of StarClan.

But few did survive, curled against the body of her lost mother, young Tetrakit swore never to look to the stars again, and swore to watch over the small brother she'd curled against for 3 moons.

~

(A/N: I hope this is sufficient for those of you whom this reaches! I am looking forward to writing more, but I had to cut this short!)