THE DOOR

I had just arrived at my new house .

Alone.

My husband went out of town for something to do with a new job he wants . He hasn't told me what his job was yet but I know he is a wonderful man and is very smart and reliable ..... And maybe a great father.

That was the only reason we moved here .

I started to unpack all of boxes as I had already moved them into the house. It's the start of autumn and everything seems so beautiful. The falling leaves , the blue sky with a hint of grey in the clouds just like any other autumn day.

I walked into the old Victorian style ,double story house. It's so big that I felt like I was Harry potter in the maze not knowing where to start exploring this unknown place.

I put the box down onto the wooden floor and take the tape of the box to unseal it .

It was my collection of snow globes . I am sort of obsessed with snow globes . I buy one every time we go to a holiday destination .

I believe that it defines me . Not the city under the snow dome but the fact that I love to travel .

My husband and I are married . In a church just anyone else would .

The old traditional church.

Every morning I wake up I think of his beautiful ,big, blue eyes , his luscious dark golden blond hair and his wonderful smile which makes my day.

I snapped out of my daydream with a smile and continued unpacking the snow globes.

Paris ,London ,Venice ,Moscow ,Rio ,Tokyo and any other destination you can think of I've probably been there.

I placed Paris onto the top of the fire place . I noticed a bronze mirror on the top of it .

It reminded me of this antique mirror my grandmother used to have.

I moved back on to the box .

Next i picked up Moscow and walked over to fire place again.

Just as I placed it I got dizzy and placed the globe on the edge of the fire place . Slowly , it fell.

It was like I paused something on TV ,pressed play and put it on slow motion.

I tried as hard I could to reach the globe even though it was a couple of inches in front of me.

I Dropped to the floor with an even worse pain in my head.

It landed in my stomach rolling onto the floor.

I felt an awful pain in my head once again as if I was being possessed.

I laid there for a few seconds .

Feeling a slight relief . I stared at the globe rolling on the floor like it was nothing.

My arm reached out to grab it . Slowly , I tried to get up off the floor.

Finally I made my way up.

My hair got tangled to my earring . I placed the globe onto the fire place this time making it stay in place.

I looked into the mirror and started to fix the earring trying to untangle my blond hair.

I focused on the view outside .

I noticed something unusual.

A door behind several vines of thick leaves.

I walked over to it and opened the door leading to the backyard.

Not knowing what is to come I forget everything and remove the vines.

I felt like I was unraveling a present.

I opened the rustic looking door which surprisingly didn't have a lock.

You won't believe what I saw.

I thought my head was messing with me .

That moment I knew something was wrong

.........

Very wrong.

..........

To be continued.