Part 1

A horrified Greta has just escaped Heelshire Manor, but there's something inside her that's begging her to stay. She knows she can't leave Malcolm to die, and Brahms... What was it about Brahms that she's so intrigued by? That innocent, child-like voice? Those deep, threatening, but pleading eyes? Can she really bring herself to leave him like this? He's a killer, obviously. He just brutally murdered her abusive ex-boyfriend and protected her from him, but his anger brought him to savagely beat Malcolm and leave him on the floor for dead. But to leave him alone to fend for himself, to live in the walls- hiding himself from the world in an empty home with only memories of his late parents, who had committed suicide out of fear of their only son? No, Greta. She thought. You were brought here for a reason. Don't leave him. She swallowed the hard lump in her throat as she tried to catch her breath. She slowly approached the door and closed it silently behind her. She walked very slowly to where Cole's lifeless body lied on the floor, Brahms standing over him, staring Greta in the eyes. Chills ran down her spine and her heart pounded violently in her chest as Brahms slowly approached her, so close that she could feel his breath on her skin. "Brahms." He looked up at her as she firmly spoke his name and placed her hand on his chest. "I promise I won't leave, Brahms, but I need you to promise me that you're going to let Malcolm go. Don't leave him to die." Her voice quivered as she spoke. Brahms obliged, giving Greta a silent nod as he stared at the floor, sinking to his knees as tears streamed from his face. Greta knelt down and tearfully embraced him. "Greta, don't leave me like all of the others. I didn't mean to be bad, I just can't help it. I need you, Greta. You're different from the others and I want you to stay." Greta took his hand and helped him to his feet. "I'll stay, Brahms. Come on, we need to get you cleaned up and ready for bed. Brahms followed her to the bathroom, where Greta helped him wash off, then led him to his room to change into his pajamas. "Tomorrow, we are going to talk. Under the covers, Brahms. It's time to sleep now." Brahms obeyed, before asking for a goodnight kiss. Greta was hesitant, but knelt down to kiss his forehead. Brahms moved his hand to her waist, pulling her in for a passionate kiss. Greta began to panic, backing away from his grasp. "That's enough, Brahms. Sleep well, we'll talk more in the morning." She then walked to the door, shutting off the light and closing the door behind her.