𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖜𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖗𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖐

𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘 — 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗱𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

she was late. again. [name] hadn't intended to stay up all night, absorbed in her latest discovery.  it was only when the clock struck to remind her that 4am had somehow creeped up that she reluctantly paused the episode and decided to catch a couple hours of sleep. the alarm didn't do its sole task of waking her up and here she was, cursing the heavens above. her mother had waved her off, clearly amused. the tedious climb up the mountain seemed to increase by a tenfold — or maybe that was because she was sleep deprived? whatever the reason, it was annoying.

"shut up." she harshly whispered to her stomach. [name] was in too much of a rush to grab anything to eat and she wasn't some anime schoolgirl running around with toast in her mouth. if she actually attempted that, she'd probably choke. at last, the rundown e-class building appeared into sight. it was a blessing. though she was still late. the octopus became annoying when you were late more than three times in a row. suppressing a groan at the near future, she marched forward, only to yelp as a hard surface made contact with her head. "WHAT WAS THAT FOR?! YOU PRICK, DO YOU HIDE OUT HERE EVERYDAY TO TARGET INNOCENT GIRLS LIKE ME?!" upon hearing her screams, the red-headed boy also known as the devil began to chuckle. 

"innocent? don't make me laugh! the next thing you know, you'll be claiming nagisa's secretly a girl. never bought him as a boy in the first place though . . ." they both ignored the indignant "HEY!" that followed afterwards (how did nagisa even hear that?). [name] squinted her eyes and inspected the rectangle carton lying on the ground. "strawberry milk? you drink that?" karma akabane gave her a blank stare before his face split into a mocking smile. "i had no idea you could read!" "shut up." a silence fell over them for a couple of moments but it wasn't awkward. then she found the courage to speak up. "can i have it?" he didn't reply immediately. "i don't know, can you?" this boy was irritating. very irritating.

[name] moved to flick karma on the forehead who dodged at the last second and began to trudge her way towards the school building, ignoring the searing gaze of a very amused redhead burning into her back. she was met by nagisa, a short blue-haired boy who was very feminine in appearance but definitely NOT a girl. he gave her a small smile and walked with her to the classroom. "what was that all about?" he asked. "that demon threw a milk carton at me. the fucking NERVE!" nagisa sweatdropped as [name] yelled. when they entered the classroom, the octopus (also referred to as koro-sensei by the other students but she had yet to give in) waddled over to them. "ms [lastname]! this is the fifth time you've been late this week!" he seemed irritated though his face remained yellow. 

she stared ahead blankly. the octopus' face slowly turned red as she continued to drown him out. "[name]! are you even listening?" this time, she looked him in the eye, entertaining him with a challenging expression. koro-sensei sighed and melodramatically draped one of his many tentacles over his poor excuse of a forehead. "looks like i have to give you detention!" he sounded way too gleeful for [name]'s taste. she barely moved an inch. the prospect of detention didn't bother her much. the only thing that would is if— "so you and karma are scheduled for detention tomorrow! after school, don't be late! now take a seat, class is about to begin. a new day to fill our brains with endless knowledge!" the octopus ran off, his signature laugh following him. nagisa (who she'd conveniently forgotten) sweatdropped and tentatively patted her shoulder. he then left to sit in his seat, a bit eager to get away from her. nobody blamed him. she looked murderous and if looks would kill, koro-sensei would be long gone.

the next day, [name] trudged up the mountain. she had gotten a decent night's rest and her mother had dropped her off so she wasn't late. what a relief. and what a pain. oh lord, now she sounded like saiki kusuo. her peaceful one to one session with herself didn't last long as, just like yesterday, a hard surface made contact with her head. she looked up, ready to attempt to beat the shit out of karma, only to find nobody. there was no devil leering at her, waiting for her to explode. just trees and trees and trees. shrugging, [name] grabbed the carton and pocketed it. strawberry milk tasted good and she'd be a fool to just leave it lying there. if karma wanted it back, he could come fetch it from her himself. he was getting a bit lazy, the extra effort would do him some good. the day droned on as usual: koro-sensei getting mad she refused to call him by that name, nagisa wearily holding her back from bashing terasaka's head in, her and kaede gushing over pudding, rio convincing her to pull a prank on maehara, etc.