1 : Feelings [Naruto one-shot]

Author's note : Be warned that this story will contain a lot of errors and probably out of character, I am an inexperience writer.

*****

Naruto was hiding in the dark alley as usual when some older kids decided to make a game on bullying him.

He managed to shake them off his tail even though it was day time. Kids are stupid most of the time, admittedly.

They ran passing his hiding place.

He sighed in relief, slumping against the wall behind him. After taking in a few breaths, he took the path in his left, the opposite of the one the kids took, to get to his usual hang out place, which was where some rails were and he could see the hokage monuments alone.

Once he reached his destination, he saw a girl, around his age, five or six years old, he thought, leaning against ome of the rails.

Her hair was as black as ink and was cut at shoulders length. She wore rust orange short pants and a cream hoody shirt. She was about his height, maybe a bit taller. Her skin was a bit darker than his.

Naruto could hear her humming a song.

He gulped, 'Should I approach her? She might be as bully as the others.'

As he was busy thinking of what to do, he didn't realised that the girl has noticed his presence. She saw him making faces while being in a deep thought.

Naruto jumped a foot off the ground when a hand grabbed his right shoulder.

"What are you doing here, whiskers?"

He turned to snap at the person for startling him, but he froze to see the girl was the one talking to him.

She has a pair of deep chocolate eyes behind the half-closed lid. She held am expression that would make people think she was bored or sleepy.

"W-wha-what do you mean 'what I am doing here'? What are you doing here?!" He (accidentally) shouted at her in his nervous state. He mentally cringed when he saw her right eyebrow twitched.

She tilted her head in a confused manner, her face was blank though. "Are you angry?"

Naruto blinked, "Angry? Why would I be angry?" he asked back in a more quieter voice.

She shrugged her shoulders, " Dunno. 'Cause you were shouting."

He hung his head low and scratched his head, smiling at her sheepishly, "Sorry, I was feeling nervous."

Her eyes sparkled in curiosity, "What is nervous? Is it a bad or good feeling? Does it have anything to do with our nerve system? Does it hurt to be nervous?"

Her questions made him sweat. How was he supposed to answer them? The academy might has taught them that but he probably (or definitely) did not pay attention much to the teachers lecture. Ninja needs training, not lectures.

"Um, I dunno what it is. Sometimes, it's good. Sometimes, it's bad. Dunno, what is a nerve system anyway? No, it doesn't hurt, I think."

She hummed in thought, spacing out.

Naruto scratched his cheek. Why did she ask that kind of questions? Does she not already know what nervous is?

He stared at her eyes, trying to figure out her. Then, something hit him.

"You..." he started hesitately, "...don't know what emotions are."

It was not a question.

He was sure of what he said.

That seemed to snap her out of her thought. She darted at him.

She nodded, "I..." she licked her lips, "incapable of feeling emotions."

Naruto furrowed his eyebrows, "What does 'inca-peble' mean?"

She hummed, "Incapable. It means unable to or cannot do something."

Oh. He nodded, "Yeah, I figured. Why are you inca-peble of feeling emotions?"

She tapped her index finger on her chin in thoughts, "Probably genetic. My father has the same condition as I am. So does my grandfather and cousins from his side."

His eyes widened in wonder, "Eh? Is it like a disease? Then, maybe there is a cure!" he said, jumping in excitement.

Her eyes twinkled in amusement. "Maybe." She pondered the idea of curing it.

"Then, maybe we can go look for it! I can teach you how to feel on the way!"

Naruto could see the tips of the girl's lips tilted upward slight. He inwardly whooped in victory for successfully making her smile.

"If we are going for an adventure, I need to know who am I following around."

That was when Naruto realised something. He forgot to introduce himself to her!

He grinned half sheepish and half goofy, "M'name is Uzumaki Naruto! 'nd I'm gonna be the best Hokage ever!"

"I am Hanae Nazuki, the heir of Mythic Treasure. Nice to meet you."

And that was how Naruto gained his first friend.