Melon's Birthday Gift

So this one part story is dedicated to Melonbread96, a good friend of mines here on wattpad. I hope you have a good birthday, and I know this isn't the most grand thing but I hope you'll like it! 🍰🎈 Happy Birthday Melon!

"And now for the main event, a mystical creature we managed to capture, Vanoss!" the man announce, the sheet lifted up from the birdlike cage hidden underneath. Vanoss tries to hide his body with his wings, not wanting the audience to look at him. His wings are a beatufiul golden brown, the feathers look well groomed and soft to the touch. "He's a owl hybrid we found in the woods. He was feisty but after some training he is the perfect obedient servant. Bidding starts at $10 million." The announcer states. Numbers quickly flew upwards, people doing anything to get the owl hybrid.

Vanoss felt disgusted, how so many people are willing to pay just for him. He didn't want to be bought by some creepy guy, he just wanted to go home. His wrists and ankles kept him from trying to escape, his body is bruised from how they abused him. Train him? More like beat him till he pleaded them to stop. His wings hurt from the beatings and shocking, he felt like he couldn't fly with them.

"$200 million," someone said, surprising Evan. Was he really worth all that? "Going once, going twice... Sold!" The man announces. Evan is in disbelief, not wanting to think he was actually auctioned off.

As he is wheeled away by staff members he tries to get out the birdlike cage, fluttering his wings wildly despite the pain. He screams in pain as one of the men zap him with a stun baton. "Don't you ever do that fucking again, or next time I won't hesitate to beat you once again," the man sneered out. Tears begin to form, which Vanoss hated.

"I believe he is my property now, and I don't appreciate you destroying what's mine," the same voice that payed $200 million said. Anger was in his words, as Vanoss decides to take a look at his buyer.

Evan expected some ugly fat man with a tight expensive suit on him, instead he sees someone extremely different. Evan sees those bright blue eyes scanning him up and down, which sends shivers down his spine. His dark blue suit shows off his muscular build, and his facial expression is calm yet upset.

"I'm sorry sir, but I just want this hybrid to know it's place," the man tried to defend himself. "You have no right to, he's mine and mines only. Leave this room now with me and him alone, I'll punish him my own way," the buyer said, venom in his words. The men that wheeled Evan in snicker, finding it amusing. They leave the hybrid alone, who is now more scared than ever. Once they leave the buyer sighs, his cold hearted demeanor gone.

He walks over to Vanoss, a worried express phis face. This confused the owl hybrid, who stares at him. "Are you okay?" The man asked, which Vanoss didn't respond to. The man gets closer, which causes Vanoss to scoot all the way back to the cage.

"It's ok, I'm not going to hurt you like these guys," The man says. Vanoss glares at him, not trusting his words. "Who are you?" Vanoss questioned. "My name is Delirious, and yours is Vanoss," Delirious said. Vanoss feels like he can't trust him more with such a strange name.

"That's not a real name," Vanoss pointed out, which makes Delirious chuckle. "Vanoss isn't either," Delirious said, which he does make a point. Vanoss crosses his arms. "Why did you help me?"