𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER FIVE | MONSTER'S BALL

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT HAD BEEN SEVERAL DAYS SINCE BONNIE BENNETT'S FUNERAL. Elena listened to Bonnie's wishes and headed straight back to Whitmore College, while Riley was determined to stay in Mystic Falls to find any way possible of bringing her best friend back to life. The strawberry-blonde witch sat in the middle of her bed, legs crossed and her hair up in a messy bun on the top of her head with dozens of ripped out pages from books surrounding her.

"Right, you. Downstairs." Damon spoke with a harsh tone as he snatched one of the pages out of her hands, hearing a soft gasp leave her lips. "You've been hauled up in here since the memorial, and you've not found a thing. We're doing it my way now."

"Your way?" Riley echoed skeptically with a raised brow. "Since when did you have a plan."

"Does it matter? Come on." He extended his hand ready for her to take, which she did. The two headed downstairs to see Jeremy, who was sat on the couch. "So, as we know, in a psychotic lapse of judgement, Bonnie brought you back to life, and died in the process. May she rest in peace."

"She's actually right over there." Jeremy pointed into the corner of the room, and obviously Damon and Riley couldn't see her, but he could. That was something the group were still trying to get their heads around.

"I mean, creepy. But, hey, Bon." Riley smiled over to the corner of the room, though Damon's brows furrowed. "I miss you."

"Whatever. Look. The whole point is, I just happen to know a supernatural being who just happens to want to die. And, in the spirit of nature needing balance, and a life for a life, and all that stuff. I just think it would be a huge waste of a perfectly good death."

"What are you talking about?" The young boy's face screwed up in sheer confusion.

"That's— Oh, Damon, that's brilliant." The only witch in the room spoke quietly as a sudden wave of hope washed over her.

Jeremy blinked in disbelief as he finally caught wind of Damon's plan. "Wait. You want to work with Silas?"

The Salvatore began to slowly pace the room while he explained his plan. "From the beginning, Silas' whole bad-guy plan was to kill himself, pass on to wherever he was gonna pass on to, and reunite with his dead girlfriend, Amara."

"You wanna use Silas' death to bring Bonnie back." Riley finished off for the vampire, though she turned to him in confusion. "But, he's immortal. To die, he's gotta be mortal."

"Yeah, and if he's mortal, he's a witch. And, If he dies as a witch he's stuck on the Other Side forever."

"He already tried to bring down the veil to the Other Side. He failed." Jeremy spoke and then began to stare into an empty space, which Riley and Damon both assumed that he was listening to whatever Bonnie was saying.