Chapter One- I Told You You'd Miss Me...

As she ran out from the hospital, covered in a mixture of walker blood and her own, she took in the fresh crisp air... Beth had spent too long locked in the confinement of the small ward that she had began to forget what the outside world was like. The realisation of her freedom hit her, before she knew it her legs collapsed beneath her and tears were streaming down her cheeks, but Beth had no time to fall apart, she could hear her father

"We don't get to be upset"

She heard Tom's frantic footsteps approaching

"Come on, we've gotta keep going, the walkers aren't far behind"

He helped her to her feet and they headed off in the direction of the woods.

Tom was a fellow 'patient' in the hospital, she had grown close to him over their time there, it made things slightly easier knowing he had her back. He would take the blame for her occasional slip up, and they'd spend their time searching for escape routes, he was a good man... But he was no Daryl.

He'd been walking for god knows how long, it felt like days, but time didn't matter, not while she wasn't here...

"She's not dead Daryl, she's just gone" he would tell himself, but his stomach still flipped with uncertainty.

The group had set up camp near the church, but he didn't spend much time there, most days he would walk, track, hunt... And just hope. He had set out at first sunlight, just like every morning, this day seemed like every other, after hours he finally found a track,

"Zig zag, it's a walker!" Beth's voice rang in his head. he didn't have that same worry for his safety in his like he did when he would look out for both himself and Beth after the prison, and now she was gone, and without her there wasn't much else to carry on for. Daryl followed the tracks around several trees until he saw the walker slumped against one... It was dead. 'This makes no sense, these were fresh tracks, ten minutes old at most' he stood trying to understand who must have killed it and where they would have gone when a sudden rustle of leaves brought him back from his moment of confusion...

"Daryl?" She didn't believe it, it couldn't be real... Her nails instinctively dug into her leg to make sure it was,

"How... Are you... Wha- Beth?"

A slight laugh escaped her lips, seeing Daryl Dixon lost for words was a rare sight, yet he didn't see the funny side,

"You think this is funny?!" He yelled, striding towards her, closing the gap between them "do you know how long I've been looking for you?" She didn't know what to say, she just stared at him, just as she was about to speak up his lips found hers, and they were lost in each other, months of frustration, pain, anger and heartbreak disappeared, he was back with her and that's all that mattered. Breaking away from the kiss she rested her forehead against his and giggled...

"I told you you'd miss me when I was gone"