Forgetting the umbrella

After the war with xia hou,ning que and sang sang with the help of Chen pipi and everyone at the second floor of the academy was able to recuperate safely. In the beginning, ning que had been worried that sang sang had put herself in danger when helping him fight but with the help of  seventh sister and eleventh brother, she was healed and only  needed to rest for a few days and while repairs were being made to his house,the king of tang kingdom also sent someone to send his regards to him and told him not to worry about finding trouble with xia hou's subordinates but he was very wrong,things were going to go very very bad later on.
  After almost a week,ning que and sang sang were able to get up from bed and then they went to pay their respects to the king and get back the eye of the pestel while doing everything possible to avoid the princess. Sang sang didn't like it very much because she considered the princess a friend but since her young master didn't like it,there was nothing she could say. After they left the palace, they headed towards the grave of darkie to do a little bit of showing off and keeping the promise that was made all those seasons ago. Ning que kneeled in front of darkies grave.
" I finally did it,I've killed xia hou and even though I can't bring his head to you,I'll give you his staff".
  Ning que then proceeded to collect the staff from sang sang and stuck it on the ground while pouring wine out of respect. He thought that maybe now he could breath and maybe enjoy life a little. While knelling, he thought about all the things that had led him to this particular moment and couldn't help but feel a little empty, empty because there is one person he couldn't get to kill himself since he was already dead and that will be wei guanming and then he looked beside  him to see sang sang's pale face and thought twice about it. Maybe it was for the best they didn't meet because he wouldn't want to harm anyone sang sang liked because she liked very few people.
  After a few minutes of reminiscing and wondering what he should do now that all the people he wanted to kill were dead,he suddenly heard sang sang go stiff behind him and that was when he knew something was wrong.
He heard the sound of an arrow moving fast towards them and the  first thing he did was pull sang sang down and cover her with his body. He looked up and saw not one or two but almost an entire field of people coming towards him and all he could think of was why didn't he bring his umbrella.