𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVEN | DEATH AND THE MAIDEN

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

AS IT TURNED OUT, STEFAN SALVATORE HAD BEEN GIVEN HIS MEMORIES BACK BY QETSIYAH. Elena was the first person to alert Damon and Riley, rushing into their room at the crack of dawn after she had spoken with Stefan herself. Damon was skeptical about Tessa's sudden change of heart, and wanted to be sure nothing was missing, so he conducted a little quiz.

"October, 1852?" Damon raised an eyebrow, sitting across from his younger brother.

"You broke my nose trying to teach me how to throw a right hook." Stefan recited from memory, which caused a smile on flicker across Riley's face while she sat on the arm on the couch Damon was sat on.

"But not on purpose, just to be clear." The eldest Salvatore confirmed, while Elena chuckled quietly. "How much did you pay for that hunk of junk motorcycle that you ride?"

"That's a trick question." The younger of the two breathed out. "You bought me that motorcycle. Although, I'm guessing it was pretty expensive."

"I'm confused. So, that witch-bitch literally just gave you all your memories back without anything in return?" Riley somehow couldn't understand it. Obviously, she was happy Stefan had his memories, but it didn't add up. "Why would she do that?"

"Well, it wasn't exactly a gift. It was a lot to take in all at once. Everything from blowing out the candles on my first birthday cake to drowning in a safe." A look fell across his face that caused immediate alarm bells with Riley, as she called out his name, the tumbler of Bourbon that he was holding within his hand smashed.

"Woah. Easy there, buddy." Damon warned with his eyes fixed upon the shards of glass that were in Stefan's hand.

"Stefan, where did you go?" The Gilbert vampire stood up on her feet and gave him a wary look.

"Uh— all of that, and I still can't remember my own strength." He gave his them a nonchalant smile, though it was interrupted by a loud thudding coming from below them. "What's that noise?"

"Uh, well that is—"

"—We have a situation." Elena finished off, beating Damon to the punch.

"We've got a little doppelgänger tied up downstairs in the basement." Riley let a loud sigh escape her lips, knowing that was their task for today.

Stefan's eyebrows knitted together in confusion at the mention of the word doppelgänger. The only one he knew of was the Pierce woman. "Katherine?"

"No." Damon shook his head, and pursed his lips. "Nope, not Katherine."

"Maybe it's best if we just show you." The witch lifted herself up from her seat and lead the Salvatore downstairs to the basement where they could hear nothing but shouting and thudding coming from the cell.