𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁 ↦ 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁 ↦ 𝗷𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗮𝗿𝗱

And as raindrops plummeted onto the pavement beside us my tears did the same. My lungs felt as though they were going to collapse in on themselves, my throat closing up so that I could hardly breathe. My eyes met with his - expressionless and cold. My heart sunk in my chest, "What did I do wrong?"

He shook his head, not letting words escape his mouth. My hair was drenched, my fringe sticking to my forehead in an unattractive manner. Just looking at him made what was left of my heart break even more - even when he was sodden through to the bone he was still breathtaking. Even after he had broken me he was still beautiful.

"Please don't do this to me, please." Begging someone to stay when they didn't want to was dangerous : and I knew this. I knew that I was completely and utterly vulnerable - I was allowing myself to be exposed. A crackle of lightning sliced through the sky, illuminating us both in a soft, yellow hue. Eyes stinging I reached out towards him, "Jesse please, just speak to me."

"I don't want you anymore. I don't love you anymore-" His words chilled me to my bones, hitting me in my lungs, taking every last bit of breath I had left in me. Seconds felt as though they were hours, each minute crawling past at a painful speed. He dragged his eyes away from me, focusing on his shoes, "This was all a mistake - an accident waiting to happen. We were never meant to be, I'm sorry. So sorry."

And that was that. As he turned his back the sky grumbled, thunder rolling through the desolate streets. I grasped the brick wall next to me, supporting my crumbling body so that I didn't end up on the floor. Within minutes he'd disappeared around the corner. Gone.