1: The Rock

Deep breathes

Deep breathes. In and Out, in and out, in and out. I try to hold myself together as I feel my heart crack along with Alex's. The wind whips against me as I skateboard closer to the hell hole I call my school. I turn the page of my book, 'Oh thank god! I would have punched him if you didn't, Alex,' You guys are probably wondering, 'Bro, you mad?!?' Eh, no. I am currently reading a book called Alex & Eliza. Spoiler alert; I'm at the part where Eliza is attacked by her fiance, and Alex punches him.

I complete the chapter, close the book, and put the book into my sling bag. I weave in between cars in the school parking lot. I see my classmates getting out of cars, waving goodbye at their parents, and dropping the innocent facade the second their parent goes away. I sighed shaking my head, 'Kids never learn,' Yea, yea. They are my classmates, but I have no clue how they have gotten up to ninth grade. Let's see, if everything is ready. Hood up, check. Phone muted, check. Book closed with the bookmark, check. Airpods in, check. Music playing, check. Weird looks from peers, I look around from beneath my hood, yup uh... I mean... check. I kick up my skateboard, putting it under my left arm, before walking through the gates.

I walk into the school building looking down at my shoes. I jog up the two stories of the spiral staircase, and by the time I'm on the second floor, I feel my muscles stiffening in the cold air. I take out my schedule that has my locker number. I walk to my supposed locker and fling the bag in. I check my schedule, 'Ok, math first,' I open my bag to grab my math notebook and pencil box. I feel a warmth behind me, I quickly grab my stuff, close the locker and turn to see Aidan and Apollo, "Hey, Zee," The twins say. They don't look like twins though, Aiden is 5'9, coffee skin, jet black hair with red tips, brownish orange eyes, and a sharp jawline. Apollo is 5'10, light beige skin, red hair, hazel eyes, and a sharp jawline.

"Hey," I respond barely over a whisper.

"What's your first period?" Apollo asks,

"Math, you?"

"History," Apollo responds, I look at Aiden,

"Math," He responds,

"Cool, bye guys," I whisper again walking away,

"Don't go... yet," Apollo replies pouting,

*A long time later*

"Ugh, guys we're gonna be late," I say glancing at my watch,

"No, we're not.", Aiden glances at his watch, "We've got 15 minutes," He goes back to doing something on his phone. I groan silently, signing at them now. I'm signing curses at them, and only Aiden responds, with a grunt. I slap Aiden and Apollo's heads and motion at my watch, "5 minutes left," I sign at them. Their eyes widen in surprise, probably because I'm still here. They both scramble to their lockers to grab something, "Quickly" I sign at them, once I see that they closed their lockers I grab Aiden's wrist and drag him to class, ignoring the weird feeling in my stomach.

I shove him into math class, following him, directly before the bell. I give myself a pat on the back for getting here on time. I stroll to the end of the classroom and sit in the left corner. Aiden comes and sits next to me. And I spend the rest of class reading Alex & Eliza. Aiden snaps his fingers in front of me and points toward the board once the teacher dismisses class, 'Yay! Homework. Note the sarcasm. Wait?... Who gives homework on the first day? ' I quickly note down the homework on my math book, the instant I pack up Aiden drags me out of the class. I jog to my locker when Aiden and Apollo start talking. When I'm taking out my English book, I hear some heels clicking on the floor,