𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

CHAPTER EIGHT | DEAD MAN ON CAMPUS

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SINCE BONNIE HAD RETURNED FROM THE OTHER SIDE, SHE WAS DESPERATE TO GET HER LIFE BACK ON TRACK. The four girls all headed back to college, and were planning a welcome home party for the Bennett girl. Caroline, Elena and Riley all headed out for the morning, grabbing supplies whilst they left Bonnie to unpack.

"Oh. Here they are!" As the three girls arrived back in the dorm, they were met by Bonnie and her cell phone. "Hey, guys! Say hi to my Mom!" Bonnie cheered at the three who immediately gasped in surprised, and pushed all their shopping bags behind their backs.

"Hi!" The girls waved awkwardly, then rushed past Bonnie in an attempt to conceal what they had purchased.

"They're planning me and welcome party. Just— just something low-key." Bonnie explained into her phone just as Riley rushed up behind her shoulder and waved. "I miss you. Um, please come visit when—" Bonnie's eyes cast over to Caroline, who was pretending to drink from a large case of beer that she'd bought. "—when you get a chance. I'll, um— I'll talk to you soon. Bye."

"And, by the way Mom, I'm not a witch anymore. Because I died and then came back to life from the Other Side." Elena sarcastically looked up just after Bonnie had ended the video.

"Yeah. I'm the supernatural Anchor that connects our two worlds together, so—" Caroline continued on from Elena.

Riley smirked toward Bonnie and raised her eyebrows. "So, basically I'm a ghost that people can see and touch. But, definitely not a witch."

"Okay. So I left out a detail. Or two. I'll explain when she visits." The Bennett girl looked toward her three friends and immediately furrowed her brows at the array of alcohol. "How big is this party going to be?"

"Well, let's see." Elena answered after she placed a few bottles in the mini fridge. "Silas and Tessa are gone, and you finally aren't."

"Which equals massive cause for celebration!"

"Which also equals a massive, massive party hosted by yours truly." The strawberry-blonde witch motioned to the three girls who stood in front of Bonnie with grins on their faces.

"Hopefully since each of us have only made one friend in college so far." The doppelgänger awkwardly looked toward Riley and Caroline.

"Speak for yourself, I've made none. Haven't really spent much time here, remember." Riley awkwardly shrugged. Given the whole situation with Stefan, Riley hadn't really spent much time studying or making friends.

"And, given that mine went radio silent after he kissed me, and yours was last seen at a tea party for a vampire-hating secret society." Caroline explained the whereabouts of Jesse and Aaron, the two friends that she and Elena had secured.