𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER NINE | THE CELL

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE SOUND OF DRIPPING WATER HITTING THE CONCRETE FLOOR WAS WHAT FINALLY BROUGHT RILEY ROUND. She groaned out loudly, and once her eyes finally opened, she noticed the cold damp cell that she had been placed in. With the help of the bars, the strawberry-blonde got to her feet and began to rattle the bars. She focused her eyes against the lock, mumbling underneath her breath but it was no use.

"Trying out a little hocus focus?" Wes' voice echoed from the shadows, causing Riley's attention to lift up from the locks and toward him. "Your magic is useless. Especially since this has been running through your veins." He held a syringe that contained a dark yellow liquid in the glass end.

"What the hell is that?" Riley questioned viciously. The liquid looked horrific, and she feared its use.

"Well, you see, I can't tell you exactly what it is, because then that would ruin my research. But, what I can tell you, is that one dose of this disables your magic for twelve hours." Wes tilted his head, his eyes on the witch.

He began to approach her cell, the syringe still in hand as he unlocked the door. The witch stumbled backwards, her eyes viciously locked with his as she backed up against the wall. "If you hurt me, I swear—"

"You'll do, what? I don't think you'll be able to do much without your magic, Riley." Wes shrugged. "And, your boyfriend won't be able to do much either."

All fear for her own life faded away at the mention of Damon. She was consumed with worry about him. "Where is he? What the hell have you done to him?!"

"Resting. He endured quite the experiment earlier, and I'd imagine it takes a lot for a vampire to heal after all that's running through their system is vervain." In one quick motion, Wes lunged forward stick the syringe into Riley's arm. "Now, rest up, Riley. You've got a big day ahead of you."

Moments after he injected her, she began to feel the immediate effects of the toxin. She desperately fought against the urge to close her eyes, but it was no use. Riley couldn't fight it anymore, and so she dropped back against the cold, concrete floor

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Riley. Come on, wake up, please." He begged his girlfriend with panic in his eyes. He was desperate for Riley to wake up, and to make sure that she was okay. His eyes drifted to the cell directly opposite him which contained a vervain induced Elena, who was also unconscious. "Riley, please."

"Damon?" A soft echo left Riley's lips, and suddenly all hope was restored. He watched Riley slowly roll over onto her stomach, her eyes scanning him as she noticed the blood against his neck. "Are you okay? What did he do to you?"