Chapter 1-The escape

I sat staring at the bars,the gritty silver grinning smugly at me,tormenting me with the metallic scent of capture,reminding me of what lies ahead. I stood up,a sudden rush of anger flowing through me,as I smashed the whole weight of my body  against the cold strong cage door,the metal screeching in agony as the door caved in,swinging open whacking quietly against the side of the cage. I glanced from side to side,making sure the guard wasn't on before dashing as fast as I could away. It was only a matter of time before they came with thunder sticks and poked me harshly to knock me out. I shivered remembering the last occurrence as I was flung into the cage,still feeling the sore bruises and scars as they bashed the bat repeatedly over my ribs until they sound a satisfactory crunch or a screech of surrender.
I raced as fast as I could dashing past any people milling around,looking for kidneys and children to do housework. I could already start to hear the pursuit of two customers, but I continued with inhumanly speed, as I finally began to feel soft grass below my bare feet,and the distant yelling faded to a stop.
I paused,feeling the quickened rise and fall of my chest finally caving with a burning pain. The rush of adrenaline was still coursing through my veins as the joy and realization finally washed over my tired filthy and beaten body.
I could feel a grin across my face as I was finally feeling freedom for the first time. I began to run again, this time out of pleasure and not fear.
I was finally free to live my life!

My own life...