Prologue

Dean is standing in front of him, gesticulating, his lips moving but he can't hear what Dean is saying, all he can hear is a faint buzzing sound. In the motel room there are two blue twin beds are against the back wall that look sickeningly familiar. The lurid pink and green swirly wallpaper is peeling, revealing the bleached out white walls behind. The patchy, spotty, swirls that are remaining, start twisting, turning and writhing like snakes, until they start too peel of the walls and stretch towards him like old multicoloured hands trying to grab at him.

There's water stains on the pale washed out yellow ceiling that look like eyes staring down at him, blinking as if they are trying to remove him from their gaze. Behind him, in the middle of the two beds, the bedside table has the words "You seconds are numbered Sam" in writing that Sam recognised as his fathers, carved into the top. Sam looks back at Dean who stops gesticulating and pulls out a gun.

"You're evil Sam", he hisses at him and suddenly he can hear a quiet whisper of voices, "you're not my brother anymore, you're just another monster and it's my duty to hunt you down and gank you just like the siren, I should have done this years ago like dad told me too."

He pulls the trigger, Sam flinches and the bullet hits one of the swirls that where trying to grab him, he dodges the swirl that was reaching for his leg, and runs out of the hotel and into the car park but as he is running the wind picks up and the ground turns to sand and suddenly he is in the middle of a desert in a sandstorm! The sand whips into his hair and face and he struggles to keep his balances, and to get away he must get away!

Ruby suddenly appears out of where and glares down suddenly so much taller then him. Her long hair whips around her and forms a dark, angry halo around her head, and her black eyes burn with anger.

"You killed me Sam, I tried to help but no, Sammy wants to trust a pretty boy angel over me, now I'll help you once last time." She swings her knife at him he desperately tries to run away but he just ends up on the ground, with sand in his eyes and mouth, he blinks and coughs he tries to get to his feet. He sees two boot cladded feet and he looks up to find Dean holding a the Colt to his head, his eyes as hard as ice

"Please Dean, don't do this " he begs desperately. The storm has gone now, there's no sand, no car park, no nothing just black.

"Good bye Sam", then he pulls the tigger.

Sam wakes up in a cold sweat and looks over to the empty bed, oh yeah he forgot.

He's alone