𝐓𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER TEN | FIFTY SHADES OF GREYSON

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

DAMON SALVATORE'S EYES SLOWLY BEGAN TO FLUTTER OPEN AS A GROAN LEFT HIS LIPS. The last thing he remembered was Aaron Whitmore shooting him directly in the head, and so his hand lingered up to his forehead, where he had a dried blood. The vampire gently rubbed his head, a scoff left his lips as he remembered back to the events.

"Oh. Guess I had that coming." He mumbled, hoping to hear a response from either Riley or Elena, but he was met with silence. "Riley? Elena?" Panic ran through his body when he was met with nothing but silence. He rolled over onto his front, gazed into Riley's cell and saw she was unconscious once more. Then, he noticed that Elena was gone. "Well, that's not good."

He knew what he had to do. Despite how horrific he felt, he knew that he had to get himself and Riley out of those cells. So, he headed to a nearby wall and began to punch desperately until one of the rocks fell at his feet. He recalled the several bullets that Aaron had dropped, and dropped down to the floor, edging his hand toward one of them.

He thankfully smiled, then slid the bullet into the lock. Once the bullet was in place, he slammed the rock against it, in an attempt to use the bullet to break the lock. "Come on!" He screamed, punching and kicking at the door until it opened.

Damon did the exact same process to open Riley's cell, and the minute the door swung open, he ran inside to pick up her. "It's okay, baby. I got you." He mumbled, gripping her body tightly as he carried her to safety.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"I feel awful." Riley let a small groan leave her lips the minute she shoved open the door to the Boarding House. Damon had filled her in on the fact that Elena was gone the moment he woke, so they hoped she had escaped and made her way back home.

Upon the couples entrance, Katherine furrowed her brows with a disgusted look on her face when she saw the blood stains all over Damon. Then, she turned her gaze to Riley, whose clothes were covered in dirt and her hair was a mess. "What the hell happened to you two?"

"Ditto." The raven-haired Salvatore eyed her up and down. "Elena's not here by any chance, is she?"

Katherine rolled her eyes at the mention of her doppelgänger, though it appeared she had something else to get off her chest. "I haven't seen her, not that I've been looking."

"Stefan!" Riley walked toward the staircase and rested her head against the wood as she shouted up toward her best friend's bedroom.

"You know, he hasn't seen her either. I know because we were together all night." Katherine trailed off.

"Look, I've had a really crappy couple of days, okay? If you're implying what I think you're implying—"

"—Why? What were you thinking?" Katherine immediately cut Damon off. "That our hot naked bodies collided in one unforgettable night of passion?"