𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER ELEVEN | 500 YEARS OF SOLITUDE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT CAME AS A SHOCK TO MOST, BUT KATHERINE PIERCE AS DYING. After last night's evenings, Katherine was found unconscious at the bottom of the staircase by Stefan. The doppelgänger, who had recently had the cure taken from her veins, was dying of old age. And, naturally, there were a few who saw Katherine's impending death as cause for celebration.

"Rule number one—" Damon prepared the four shot glasses with Bourbon as his eyes flickered up to Jeremy, Matt and Riley who all sat around the table with him. "Think of the worst thing Katherine Piece has ever done to you. Rule number two— toast to the glory of her impending death. Rule number three— if you come across something that's worse, which you will, repeat rules one and two."

"Okay." Riley took a deep breath to prepare herself, her eyes fixed onto Damon. "You first."

"She pretended to be locked in a tomb for one-hundred and -forty-five year while I waited for her lying ass." He took a shot and then looked over at Matt. "Quarterback, go!"

"Um—" Matt's clearly was straining to think of something that Katherine had done to him.

"Think on that." Damon then turned from Matt and handed the glass to Jeremy while Riley chuckled at the Donovan boy. "Little Gilbert."

"She fed me to Silas and I died." Jeremy stated without even needing any time to think. He took a shot, then prepared another. "Then, she made me crash my car into a pole and left me for dead. Again."

"Double doozy. Drink!" Damon ordered just before his eyes cast straight over to his girlfriend with a smirk. "Riley, your turn, baby. Make it count."

"She compelled my Grandma to stab herself, and because of that, she had to leave Mystic Falls." She grabbed the shot from Damon's grip and wasted no time drinking it.

"My sister's dead because of her." Matt finally declared as the whole room looked over to him.

"Yes, she is. Because, I wouldn't have even been in town to turn Vicki into a murderous vampire if I wasn't trying to get Katherine out of a tomb she wasn't in." The Salvatore shrugged and handed everyone more shots. "Group shot!"

"Seriously?" Elena's voice echoed as she entered the room with Caroline and Bonnie behind her. Upon her entrance, Jeremy knew that he was busted.

"Elena. We were just, uh—"

"I know what you're doing." The doppelgänger then turned to her little brother. "You're cut off." She then hesitantly grabbed a glass from the table and looked around the room. "If anyone is drinking to Katherine's last days, it's gonna be me. She impersonated me, repeatedly. Made Aunt Jenna stab herself in the stomach and cut off Uncle John's fingers."