Chapter one: Preparation

"OLAF, VERONICA, EVAN!! WAKE UP," Lori screamed. "TODAY'S THE DAY!"
  Evan lightly groaned as he sat up, soon being blinded by Lori opening the blinds. When his eyes dilated, he looked to her.
  "Day of what, exactly?"
  Lori gasps. "EVAN! DID YOU FORGET??"
  "Apparently so, tell me."
  Olaf interrupts before Lori can scream again.
  "She's talking about the space mission, idiot. You were the most excited, how'd you forget?"
  "Okay, one, I'm not an idiot. Two, I don't know. I guess I'm just still...tired."
  Veronica looks over to Evan, tilting her head slightly.
  "Are we sure he was excited? He seemed scared to me..."
  Evan quickly stutters his words out.
  "S-scared?? M-me??"
  Olaf raises his eyebrow, curious now.
  "You're definitely nervous. I don't know about scared, the rocket has been tested and has everything we'd ever need. He wouldn't be scared."
  "E-exactly! See! I-I am not scared! Just...n-nervous!"
  Victoria suspiciously nods, "uh-huh...sure..."
  Lori jumps up and down like an energetic six year old, ready to play.
  "Come on! Get ready so we can eat and go!!" She practically spat her words out, speaking at the speed of light. No one understood her.
  "I- Lori," Evan starts. "I'm sorry sweetheart, but no one understood what you just said. Could you please repeat it?"
  She groaned, annoyed.
  "I SAID, 'come on! Get ready so we can eat and go!'" She said this more slowly, as if she was tired. The rest all nod and smile. Evan gets up, getting his clothes. He grins playfully.
  "LAST ONE TO THE BATHROOM HATES SPACE!!" He yelled. With this, everyone, including Lori, raced to the bathroom. Victoria was last, to which she shrugged.
  "Who cares? I still love space no matter what you tell me. I'd rather love what might kill me in the future than hate what would be amazing."
  "Ow, okay grim."
  "Grim is great, Lori. Right Olaf," she asks, looking to him.
  "Mhm!" He nods.
  "Right, now get out so I can change," Evan says, still cheerful. They all step out. Lori bounces over to the kitchen, setting out pancake batter she made earlier. She begins making them pancakes, whistling as she works. The others walk in after getting ready, greeted with 40 pancakes with butter, syrup, strawberries, blueberries, and chocolate chips set to the side. 10 pancakes each.
  Lori brightly smiles, setting out the plates and tableware. She pulls out the chairs, wanting them to sit. She goes to her own chair, plopping herself down on the cushion. The rest go to their own chair, soon eating.
  Once they were done, Victoria grabbed her keys, leading them to her car. They piled in, Lori in shotgun, with Evan and Olaf in the back. The two girls tease the guys with gay comments, to which the guys respond with lesbian comebacks. It was all in fun as they went. They soon arrived, looking up at the building.
  This was it. This was their destination. Their destiny.