Chapter 1

She smashed her lips to his. The man's wild eyes widened in shock as she thrust her tongue into his mouth. Deep wet need filled her and the weakness in her body demanded action. She ground herself against his knee. With each thrust, she felt a fraction of her strength return.

The man's arm slammed into the bus horn. The sound blared down the empty street. Strobes of lightning flashed across the windshield with the heavy thuds of torrential rain.

"Ma-"

She thrust her tongue into his mouth again before he could speak. She wouldn't go all the way. She couldn't. But her strength had wanted far too much. She had to replenish.

The man raised a hand to stop her, but she snatched his wrist and pinned it against the grey leather seat. Again, she ground against him. Her tender breasts smashed up against his chest.

Her heart began to pick upbeat. Energy swelled inside of her and strength filled her feeble limbs. Now he couldn't fight her off, even if he wanted to. Lightning flashed again, this time catching the man's fearful eyes.

She had to stop. With a deep internal groan, she pulled herself off the man. He looked completely disheveled. Without a word she picked up his cap from the floor and placed it on his head. He flinched but remained silent.

"Thanks," she whispered. She pulled the lever herself, to open the bus door. Rain barraged her before she could reach the tiny bus stop.

The door to the bus slammed shut. The man gunned the large blue vehicle and splashed a wave of dirty street water across her knees.

Rose watched as he sped away. Deep pitiful loathing set in and she clenched the fabric of her pants with white knuckles. She traveled all the way to the West Coast to find her sisters. That's all she wanted.

From her pocket she pulled the crumpled photo of her standing with other girls all around the same age. She couldn't remember them anymore. The Curse had gotten progressively worse. The Curse of the Succubus. The longer she went without sexual contact the weaker she got. And without out any contact, she had almost died. Being different like this was the worst kind of nightmare.

She hated to cry. She didn't want to cry. She cried. Rose embraced the pouring liquid from the sky in a fit of tears.

"I don't want to be like this!"

Her strained voice echoed down the empty street. Her vague memories of all her happy sisters melted in her mind like her one dollar mascara. In the orphanage they were divided one by one. But she had to find them. She had to know if anyone else was cursed like her.

I know it's not just in my head, she thought. She remembered a dark figure before her family was broken up. She remembered being told they would be cursed. But why? From whom? She never believed it until her eighteenth birthday. Then everything changed.

She turned her head to the sky and let out a primal scream. A dog barked back from further down the road. The cold wet penetrated the thin fabric of her jeans and began to moisten her underwear. She peeled the thin fabric of her pink top from her skin and let a long sigh.

"Well, this was stupid. Now I'm soaked."

After stepping back under the bus stop shade she pondered her next step. Her energy had returned, and she could probably go a couple of nights before needing to replenish. The thought turned her stomach into a waste pit of anger and resentment. She clenched her fists. A large bolt of lightning divided the sky.

Research had led her to Los Angles. From what she could glean, there was a chance one of her sister's adoptive parents might live here. It was an old half destroyed record. Not really even a clue, but it was all she had. Even from the outskirts, she could hear the soft roar of the city. Skyscrapers cast a glow on the ominous black clouds above her. She didn't want to travel all night. Not like this. Her nipples defied the thin fabric of both her bra and shirt and now protested the cold rain by becoming painfully erect.

She'd been kicked out after her eighteenth birthday. That was one year ago. One year of trying to hold down fast food jobs, staying in homes for women, and one year of second and third base encounters that usually led to awkwardly fleeing from strange men.

No! Stop being so negative. Positive thinking. Positive thinking. The rain stopped all at once like the sky had just turned off the tap. She peered out just in time to see the clouds break apart and the twinkle of stars beam though. Somehow, when she was happy, that always seemed to happen. But when she was sad... No!

Rose spun on her sneaker heel and turned to face the enormous city. She could feel her sisters out there. She would find them. All six of them.