𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER TWELVE | THE DEVIL INSIDE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY HAD HEADED TO WHITMORE IN THE EARLY HOURS OF THE MORNING TO SEE CAROLINE. The strawberry-blonde walked through campus with a to-go latte in her hand whilst she held her phone up against her ear. As it turned out, Nadia had stopped by the Boarding House and asked for Katherine's remains, though Damon was dead against giving them to her.

"Okay, and then what did you say?" The witch asked, almost as if she were desperate to know every single detail of the exchange with Nadia.

"I told her that nothing gives me greater pleasure than dying Katherine of her last wish." Damon deadpanned, a small chuckle left his lips as he spoke. "Then, I left and that's why I'm here."

Riley could literally hear the amount of alcohol that Damon had obviously already drank before he called her. "Well, good. I mean, what the hell kinda weird-voodoo crap would she want with Katherine's body?"

"Don't care. She's not getting it." Damon sang with a smirk across his lips. "What're you doing anyway? You were gone when I woke."

"Yeah, sorry, I didn't wanna wake you. Caroline's been acting a little weird."

"Weirder than usual?" Damon mocked, earning a small chuckle to leave Riley's lips.

"Hilarious. I'll give you a call in a little bit. Love you." Riley's heeled boots clicked against the floor as she turned and headed inside her dorm at Whitmore, where she saw her blonde best friend thoroughly cleaning the light switch with a tooth brush. "Okay. What is it?" Riley removed her leather jacket and tossed it on her bed, which caused a noise of disapproval escape Caroline's mouth. "Caroline."

"What?" The blonde blurted out just before she hurried over to Riley's jacket and neatly placed it on a chair. She then turned around and saw Riley with a raised eyebrow and pointed look. "Okay, fine! Something happened in the woods."

"Gonna need a little more context than that, Care." Riley furrowed her brows at the blonde.

"With Klaus."

"Yup." The witch rolled her eyes again. "Just a little mor—"

"—I kissed him." Caroline blurted out which caused Riley's mouth to hang open in surprise. "And, then I might have totally slept with him. Which makes me an awful, awful person! Look at me, Riley, I am awful." The blonde moved in front of Riley and began to shake her by the forearms, but stopped the moment she saw Aaron Whitmore standing at the doorway.

"Uh, hey." He greeted awkwardly once Caroline had dropped her grip upon the strawberry-blonde. "What's uh—"

"She's stressed." Riley shrugged as if it were no big deal, but given what he had just witnessed, he probably had questions. "Boy drama. Really, really messy."