Wedding

"You look lovely, don't be afraid." My mother grasped my wrists encouragingly before cupping my face. "I love you so much.. while I hate to let you go, I know you'll be safe, and I know you'll be loved." Her hands were shaking and tears rolled down her cheeks, causing her mascara to run a bit.

"Mom, you're gonna make me cry, stop it!" I laughed, trying to hold back my tears as I wiped away her own. I held her hands on my face, soaking up her warmth. I'm no longer her little one, I'm stronger now, and I can go on my own adventures.  My mind fled back to simpler days, before my siblings, when it was just us. My father, my mother, and me. My childhood seemed so far away, yet it felt so close. Times I'd made mistakes and humiliated myself. Times I'd felt so proud my smile shown so bright. I remembered times I'd felt truly alone, and had been saved by another's love. And times it felt like I was flying through the clouds.

From now on, everything would change. No longer would my memories contain myself, but a new protagonist was to enter my story. I guess that would classify him as a side character or supporting character till today, heh. Just thinking about him makes my heart cry with joy. His touch, his eyes, his smile. Everything. I love him more than I fear the world. His voice is like a lullaby, it never failed to warm my heart into mush.

"It's time, let's go, sweet heart." My mother held my hand, and led me to the entrance of the chapel.

"Mommy, I'm scared..." I squeezed her hand tightly.

"Of what? Getting married?" She chuckled.

"Of walking out in front of everyone.. heh." My anxiety started to weigh on my heart and mind.

Just think of him

I shook off the worry and a deep love conquered my mind and soul.

"I'm ready." I glanced reassuringly.

The doors opened, and I was met with a sea of eyes, but I ignored them. I could hardly keep myself from running to him. He turned to face me as I walked down the aisle. I was beaming with the warmest smile when we locked eyes, I could feel so much love from his beautiful eyes.

'I love you' I mouthed.

'I love you too' He mouthed back.

My nose crinkled as I grinned. I  leapt onto the platform and wrapped him in my arms.

"Oops! Sorry!" I whispered to the priest.

He merely grinned.

We said our vows, we swore to love and cherish each other forever. Then we exchanged rings, simple, year beautiful rings. I was never big on diamonds, and rather fond of a thin silver ring.

"You May now kiss the-"

I jumped into his arms, pressing my lips against his soft ones. Tears started to roll down my cheeks as I held him. Our first kiss as husband and wife.

"I will love you, and our future children for the rest of time." I pressed my forehead gently against his, rubbing our noses together softly.

"As will I, I will love and cherish you beyond my own life." He too, had tears welling in his eyes.

"Promise?" I pulled away and stuck out my pinky.

"Promise." He intertwined his pinky with mine.

True love is shared, not given or taken.