Beginning of The End

Pitch black was all you can see. Everything you can hear was rather vague. Until you slowly opened your eyes. It's..so bright. You can't make out what you're seeing. Why is everything's so blurry? An abrupt realization that you can hear beeping noises of a monitor from a hospital. "Where..where am I? Wher-" I was suddenly interrupted by a pain in my head. What is this pain..? Why am I here..? I don't know anymore! I rest my body upon the soft surface holding on me, slowly looking around my area. Everything's so confusing. I-Is that mother beside me!? The red-hair women sleeping on a chair as she holds onto my shiny-circlet I'd always wear in combat.

"M-Mother!?" I yelled with all of my strength, waking her up. She opened her eyes quickly, she already began to burst into tears as we made eye contact. She embraced her arms around me and crying was all could be heard from the room. "My baby..you're okay! My Pyrrah.." She said as she continues to hug me. Then I hear footsteps that were getting louder and louder.

My friends and family. They all rushed to me with tears of happiness and worry. 

"You guys.." I spoke gently. "W-Why are you guys crying..?" I asked quietly. It didn't take long for me to get my answer. Some voices can be heard near the room, talking about horrifying nightmare reign over Beacon Academy. "Augh!" I moaned in pain. "M-My head!" 

I remember..me kneeling down because my feet could no longer bare the sharp pain that went through my right ankle. A young lady looking down on me as I vividly see our eyes drawn together. Then..everything went white. All of my pain...I couldn't stand it. I gently lift my hand upon my chest as I struggled to let out the sharp pain. 

"Pyrrah! Are you okay!?" The ginger-haired girl from my team asked. "I-I'm fine.." I responded as I looked away. "You should get some rest..it was a stressful week for all of us. I think we should leave you some space.." A boy said who was also in my team. I sighed. "Thank you two.." I began to feel like something's missing - someone is missing.

"W-wait..where's Jaune!?" I asked as I began to tear up. "Jaune..we don't know much about his status right now. No hope was there to contact him. He won't even read our messages."

I thanked the girl as I lowered my head. "If you don't mind, I'd like some time for myself - I would really appreciate that. A second flies by as a person would leave the room, and my mother soon to be the last person with me. My mother just smiled and gave me a kiss on my forehead. She placed my circlet on a little table by the window of my right before leaving.

I sighed for one last time. I looked through the window as leaves fall down from a nearby tree. There was one leaf that my eyes were drawn to. As the leaf falls down, it gently landed on the window counter. 

It was an autumn leaf.