𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER THIRTEEN | TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

JUGGLING LIFE BETWEEN MYSTIC FALLS AND WHITMORE WAS NO EASY TASK. Riley desperately wanted to spend time with Damon, though she knew that she had to start taking her education seriously. She spent her morning texting him, hoping that he would make her day of classes go a little quicker, though once she stepped into class, he stopped responding.

"So we all agree. No more moping about life's little failures. And, no more dabbling in the dark arts of boyfriends past." Caroline ordered to the three girls that followed behind her as they headed into class. "This is a fresh start."

"Couldn't agree more." Elena nodded her head with a smile on her face once Caroline turned around to face them. "I happen to love fresh starts."

"Um, Riley and I haven't been moping or dabbling." Bonnie awkwardly looked between her and the strawberry-blonde just before they took their seats.

"Yeah, well, no one likes a bragger."

Bonnie turned to her left and clapped eyes on the female that sat beside her. "Hey. Do you mind if I share—" But before the girl could even reply, she just tossed Bonnie's bag on the floor and continued to twirl her pen. "—Great. Thanks. Appreciate it."

"Today is the dawning of a new era. This is stage one of our metamorphosis into the land of the brave, the free and the single." Caroline continued to speak with a smile on her face.

Elena turned her head to the blonde and gave her a look. "Bonnie and Riley aren't single."

"Their best friends are single, which makes them single adjacent. So, they can be our wingwomen." She then handed Elena a flyer for an event that she had every intention of bringing them all along to.

"Whitmore's Annual Bitter Ball. A night to celebrate broken hearts, jilted lovers and bitter singles." Riley scoffed at the title while she read over Elena's shoulder. "You are kidding me, right? This is the fresh start that you were banging on about literally thirty-seconds ago?"

"No. This is our purge. Our cleanse." Caroline shook her head at Riley who just rolled her eyes at how dramatic the girl was being. "This is where we rid ourselves from the baggage better known as our tragic and mortifying first semester."

As Riley was listening to Caroline talk about how much of a great idea the Bitter Ball would be, she felt Bonnie tug at her arm and then point toward the girl that had previously ignored her. Instead of spinning the pen with her finger, the girl was now using what they both assumed was magic to keep it spinning. Riley's eyes widened while she and Bonnie stared until the blonde girl slammed her hand down against the desk to stopped the pen spinning.

"Bonnie? Riley?" Caroline called out irritably once she noticed the pair of witches had not been listening to a word she had said. "You two in?"

"I mean, you're saying that like we have a choice." Riley rolled her eyes with a pointed look on her face.