𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FOURTEEN | NO EXIT

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

DAMON'S REVELATION AFTER THE BITTER BALL HAD TAKEN RILEY BY COMPLETE SURPRISE. But, since then, she had been doing everything that she could to find him. Since the night he told her everything, Damon and Enzo were completely untraceable. He refused to answer her calls, and she couldn't get a read on them when she tried locator spells. She was desperate to find him.

"You were right. He's off the rails." The blonde vampire declared as she swung the door of the Boarding House and handed a file straight into Stefan's hands. "And, this is from my Mom."

"Caroline, did she find something?" Riley's hopeful eyes clapped onto her best friend as she entered the parlour at the sound of Caroline's voice.

"Let me guess— missing persons and animal attacks." Stefan rolled his eyes as he predicted the contents of the file before even opening it.

"Check and check. There's something else. All the victims were found inside their homes without their head, and their skin was desiccated."

"Desiccated? No." Riley trailed off with a look of disbelief as she put the pieces together. "But, that would mean that Damon's feeding on vampires?"

Stefan took a deep breath and closed the files before he looked back up at the girls. " I shouldn't have let him go."

"No, it's not your fault. He's doing this to for me— to protect my grandma. " The witch groaned out while she ran her fingers through her hair. She placed herself down on the couch beside Stefan while Caroline paced in front of them.

"No. Neither of you are turning Damon's roosting chickens into a guilt trip. No one could've stopped him going after Wes the other night." The blonde's eyes were fixed onto Riley's. "And, if he's really doing all this for you, you wouldn't have been able to stop him either."

"I guess Wes must've injected him with whatever he was gonna give Elena that makes vampires feed on vampires."

"Good news, bad news. Bad news is when this happened to Jesse, we had to kill him. But, the good news is—" Caroline paused. "—I'm sorry. Usually, there's some good news."

"We have to find him." Stefan looked toward Riley with determination in his eyes. Without hesitation, the strawberry-blonde got to her feet and gave Stefan a nod.

"Well, I can come with you." Elena walked out with a her head titled and a smile on her face. It was a surprise for both Riley and Caroline that she were here, with Stefan.

"Oh, Elena. I didn't know that you were here." Riley raised an eyebrow toward the girl. She was still suspicious of Elena, but she just thought that it was maybe because she appeared to be trying to get back together with Stefan.