۩۞۩ Devil's Night to Play ۩۞۩ Trick 'r Treat

Halloween. All Hollow's Eve. Samhain. Devil's Night.

It was a holiday called by many names, but to all children it meant the same; free candy and the chance to show off your costume for the year. Of course it was also the time of year when Sam was able to come and play. Halloween was a special night of the dead, and it held many rules and traditions that must be upheld. Sometimes Sam even got the chance to pay a visit to some old snob and get some candy while teaching him or her a lesson in the process.

All-in-all it was a very busy night, and not only for Sam and the children and their parents.

Many previously thought mythical creatures roamed around Warren, Ohio, after all; marking it as their home as well as had Sam. In fact, little Sam had just passed by the local group of all-female werewolves who lured men in for the kill during this time of year with their looks.

And just around that corner was one of the vampires searching for his own victim while a pretender went around as well, faux fangs and black mask and cape to complete his look.... Too bad he wouldn't live past the night, as he set his eyes on the little werewolf dressed Little Red Riding Hood...Of course, it was the same serial killer that liked to killboisterouschildren who didn't follow Halloween's rules as well - but that wasn't his job, and Sam felt no need nor want to help the school principle.

Sam smiled beneath his sack as he dragged his bag of candy behind him, darting through the crowd easily. No one really paid him much mind until they head to, after all. And right now he had a feeling he needed to be at the old quarry where the poor disturbed children had been drowned in the bus by old Mr. Kreeg.... That was a sad Samhain that year, the poor souls wandering around and crying to go home...

There! He had just passed by a devil, too. Even they came to celebrate with the humans and have a little fun on this wonderful holiday, it seemed. Her bat-like wings quivering in anticipating as her cliché devil's tail swung left and right through the air - the humans no doubt leaving it up to think it to be some mechanical aspect of a costume.

Some poor fool would find out otherwise, Sam smiled. Or maybe it would be more? Who knew with devils... And was that an incubus come to wreak some havoc? Sam hadn't realized they were still around.

As he finally made his way past the parade and all of it's costumed people and mythical creatures Sam took a lollipop out of his candy sack and idly twirled it around before stuffing it into a small hole in the sack for his mouth.

Sam's intuition on the deaths that happened each year here were uncanny, being the spirit of the holiday itself it was no surprise. The little pumpkin-headed creature headed off to the quarry to witness four new souls join the ranks of the dead as they played a too-cruel trick on a fellow child...

Poison... Drowning... Knives... Claws... Fangs...

Oh, so many ways to take a life...

Oh, so many creatures believed to be fake right in front of the humans' very eyes...

And Sam was one of them, the upholder of traditions.

There were rules to follow, and Warren, Ohio's populace and it's visitors oft forgot such rules... And the punishment would be death. Never to see the light of the next day... After all the traditions were started to protect the silly humans - best remind them of them.

Because, really, it was the night for the beasties and ghouls to play - and if you weren't careful... they would get you...