𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FIFTEEN | GONE GIRL

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

AFTER DAMON WAS RENDERED UNCONSCIOUS, STEFAN RILEY AND ELENA HAD BROUGHT HIM BACK TO THE SALVATORE HOUSE. Riley didn't even want to be around Elena, disgusted that she had even suggested staking Damon in a bid to save her own life. But, It wasn't long after they got home that Riley and Stefan put the pieces together about why Elena had been acting so weird lately. It was because it wasn't Elena— it was Katherine.

Damon's mouth gaped open in surprise as Stefan and Riley both filled the bloody-thirsty Salvatore in on their current working theory. "She is brilliant."

"We haven't noticed that Katherine's been inhabiting Elena's body for weeks, and that's all you have to say?" The younger Salvatore looked at his brother with furrowed brows.

Riley took a deep breath and wandered further into the cell, so that Damon could see her. She sent the Salvatore a small smile though it soon faded when she saw the look of shame on his face. "I don't really think telling Damon was a good idea, considering his state."

"She's right." Damon answered with aggravation lacing his words. "I'm trying to figure out why you decided to tell a starving, bloodthirsty, vampire-feeding Ripper that his nemesis is still walking around, alive and well, while I'm stuck in this cell and can't do anything about it."

Stefan simply answered with a shrug of his broad shoulders. "We have it under control."

Damon glanced to Riley who looked as clueless as he did, then back toward his brother as a scoff escaped his lips. "I would love to hear this." Though, instead of explaining his plan, Stefan bit his wrist and began to fill a cup with his blood. "What are you doing?"

"Here you go. Drink." Stefan sternly offered the cup toward his brother.

Without fail, Damon snatched the cup, and drank its contents in a second. Once he'd finished, he licked his lips and hungrily eyed up his brother. "I need more."

"You can't have anymore, Damon. That was four ounces, and you said that one vampire kept you good for eight hours." Riley sent him a look and then sighed. "Caroline and I did the math. Four ounces, three times a day should be enough to help you manage the hunger."

A look fell across Damon's face as he got up to his feet, though his movement was restricted due to the chains. "You mean manage me."

"So, you don't rip anyone's head off." Stefan countered with a stern look on his face. "We'll deal with your crisis once we get Elena back."

"I'll deal with my own crisis. Listen, you just let me out of here, I'll find Wes, I'll get the antidote." Damon pleaded to the two who stood before him. Riley's eyes softened as she listened to his offer, though she knew that he wasn't in his right mind due to the hunger.