𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SIXTEEN | WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THEY HAD SUCCESSFULLY EXPELLED KATHERINE FROM ELENA'S BODY, BUT THE DOPPELGÄNGER LEFT BEHIND ONE FINAL PARTING GIFT. Just before Katherine had arrived at to say goodbye to Nadia, she had stuck herself with the same ripper virus that Damon was infected with. Once they had realised what was happening to Elena, Riley had sealed her inside Whitmore whilst the rest of the students were on spring break.

The doppelgänger furrowed her brows once she stepped out from her dorm room, and into the hallway. She saw Stefan and Riley at the end of the hall, and sighed in relief. "Guys, where is everyone?"

"Everyone's gone. The whole school cleared out for spring break. You've been in and out since you first woke up." Stefan explained vaguely as he nodded Elena start to nod.

"Oh, okay. Yeah, that makes sense. I thought I was going crazy." Elena let a sigh of relief escape her lips and then tried to walk toward them, but was instantly stopped by Riley's boundary spell. "What's going on? What—"

"I had to seal you into the building. We've got some explaining to do." Riley awkwardly eyed up the vampire and folded her arms across her chest. "Just before Katherine gave up your body. She injected you with the same virus that's effecting Damon." Elena's eyes widened. "What's the last thing you remember?"

"Uh. I was running through the woods and my head felt like it was being attacked by Katherine's whole life." Elena's eyes shifted toward the Salvatore that stood in front of her. "I saw you. I threw my arms around you, and then nothing."

The Salvatore nodded his head and then gave her an awkward look. "Yeah. That was about three weeks ago."

"Three weeks ago?" The doppelgänger's eyes widened as she looked at the two incredulously, as if it were hard to take in. "Wow. Three weeks, huh? Yet it took just one second for Katherine to infect me with some virus that makes me want to kill all my friends."

"Well, that's Katherine for you." The witch hummed in response.

"Do you really think this whole lock-down is necessary? I mean— I feel fine."

"Look, we shouldn't take any chances. If Damon taught us anything, it's that the virus makes you wanna attack at the mere scent of vampire blood." Stefan explained. "Look. I know this is a lot of process, but just know that Caroline's out looking for the antidote and in the mean time, we've figured out how to ration blood to keep you satiated. We're gonna figure this out, okay?"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It wasn't long before Stefan left Elena in the company of Riley, who was watching over her to make sure she didn't completely flip out due to the hunger. She watched Elena head off down one of the hallways and, considering she couldn't walk after her because of the barrier spell, Riley decided she would call Damon and see how he was doing.