𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN | RESIDENT EVIL

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY STEPPED INTO THE GRILL WITH CAROLINE AND ELENA AT HER SIDE. Since they had woken up at Whitmore, it was clear that something was a little off with Elena. She mentioned that she had an extremely vivid dream about Stefan, though Caroline and Riley just thought that perhaps her subconscious was telling her that she was yearning for the youngest Salvatore again.

"Well, I guess my mom's not here yet." Caroline spoke whilst her eyes scanned the Grill for her mother. Then, she exhaled and turned back to Elena and Riley. "I'm gonna get us from coffees."

"I'd love one." Riley nodded toward the blonde. Whilst Caroline headed off to order some coffees, she and Elena headed toward a vacant table. Though, the moment the pair sat down, Elena seemed to be in some sort of daze. "Hey, Elena, you okay?"

"My Mom's five minutes away." Caroline announced to the girls once she headed back over to the table and sat down beside Riley. Immediately, she noticed Elena was not paying any attention. "Elena? Hello. Elena!"

Elena snapped back to reality and looked around the room in confusion. "How did I get here?" She asked, perplexed by her suddenly movement from the door. "I was just standing in the doorway."

"We walked while Caroline was ordering coffees." The witch suddenly realised what was going on. "You had another Stefan-dream?"

"I didn't feel like a dream, okay? It felt like it was real Like I was just there."

Caroline lifted her cup of coffee up with a unreadable look on her face. "That's weird." It was clear that the blonde had something she wanted to say.

Elena rolled her eyes and pressed her arms against the table as she made eye contact with her blonde best friend that was sitting opposite her. "Caroline, if you bite your tongue any harder, you'll bleed. Say it."

"It's Psych 101. Actually, it's whatever comes before 101. You're having dreams about Stefan—" The vampire trailed off.

"—It's not just about Stefan, okay?" Elena scoffed quietly. "My parents were still alive. It was like a different life."

Riley's phone began to vibrate against the table. She looked down and noticed it was Stefan that was calling, and she wasted no time answering. "Stefan, hey. What's up?"

"So, I personally think I'm losing my mind. Unless there's another explanation for it." He spoke in a panicked tone of voice.

The witch's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Why? What's happening?"

"I was walking to my car, and I nearly got plowed over in the middle of the street because I was having some vision of Elena."

Elena's eyes immediately widened as both Caroline and the doppelgänger turned to look at Riley. "Uh— I don't think you're losing your mind. I think sometimes going on." Riley then immediately hung up on Stefan and looked straight toward the two girls in shock as she got up on her feet. "Right, come on. There's clearly a problem, and we need to find out what it is."