𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN | MAN ON FIRE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SINCE THE TRAVELERS HAD STOPPED STEFAN AND ELENA'S VISIONS, EVERYONE THOUGHT IT WAS OVER. And, Riley needed to focus on college, so Stefan had agreed to help the girls study. Though, after several missed calls from both Stefan and Elena, she guessed that she was late.

"Okay! I know. I'm sorry. I'm late!" Riley ran into the Skull Bar with her textbooks clutched against her chest. She knew that she was late, but she wasn't as late as Bonnie, who arrived moments after she did.

Both Stefan and Elena eyed Bonnie up in confusion. They assumed that the last place Bonnie would want to be was a study session. "Actually, I'm surprised that you're up for studying, you know, considering."

"Considering what?" The Anchor echoed with furrowed brows as she sat down beside the witch.

"The Other Side falling apart." Riley finished for Elena, as the Bennett Girl just took a breath as if she wasn't bothered about it. Riley then turned to Stefan and Elena. "She's clearly in denial."

"So I see." Stefan retorted with a pointed look.

"I'm not in denial. The Other Side is disintegrating. As the Anchor to the Other Side, I'm only alive as long as there is an Other Side. I'm perfectly aware of the threat of my impending death. There is nothing I can do about it. It's called acceptance, fifth stage of grief." The girl then narrowed her eyes toward their tutor for the day. "Look it up, tutor-guy."

Stefan took a breath and immediately rolled his head while he nodded in agreement with Riley. "Definitely in denial."

"Yeah, Look. Bonnie, we've already lost you once. We're not doing this again. It's not an option, okay? Not to mention what's gonna happen to Alaric and your Grams and everyone else over there." Elena repositioned herself in her seat. "So, what are we gonna do?"

"Fine. I'll see what I can do, okay?" Bonnie got up from their spot at the corner of the bar and headed over toward Liv. But it wasn't long before Enzo entered the bar and wandered straight over to Stefan, Elena and Riley with a sadistic grin on his face.

Stefan slammed the text book shut and eyed the British vampire up with furrowed brows. "What are you doing here?"

"Can't I join my friends for a cup of tea?" He asked.

Stefan then tossed the text book down onto the coffee table in front of him. "Damon, your friend, uh— singular, isn't here. And, we're a little busy right now." He watched Enzo step forward and took Bonnie's seat. "But by all means, have a seat."

"No need to be rude. I've come here for a chat." He then turned to the two women that were sat beside him. "Riley, Elena, perhaps Caroline told you I've been searching for someone I once knew, a woman named Maggie."