𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER NINETEEN | WHAT LIES BENEATH

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

STEFAN HAD KILLED ENZO, THOUGH IT WAS NOT INTENTIONAL. Enzo knew that the perfect revenge would be for Damon to hate Stefan for killing him, and so when Stefan's hand was plunged into Enzo's chest, he yanked himself backward ensuring that has heart was pulled out. Stefan had asked Riley not to say anything to Damon, though hated keeping the truth from him

Riley wandered down the staircase, hearing a few mumbles coming from the parlour. As she entered, she saw Luke Parker performing, what appeared to be, a locator spell whilst Damon threw ice cubes at him. "Uh—"

"That's not helping." Luke bluntly bluntly snapped once he'd opened his eyes and glared at the Salvatore.

"Well, you've been failing now for an hour, wonder twin. So, at this point I can't imagine it's hurting." Damon turned to his girlfriend with a look. "Still can't do magic?"

Riley shrugged. She extended her hand and tried to use her magic to toss the books on the table to the ground, but nothing happened. "Apparently not."

Stefan appeared in the doorway, his eyes fixed to Luke skeptically. "Damon, I know you're out of a friend, but, I'm not sure this guy's the best replacement."

"I don't think this guys the best anything if his locator spell skills are any indication." Damon snapped and then turned from his brother, to the witch. "Yo! Where's your sister?"

"She's tired of being almost murdered." Luke sneered once he had stopped his locator spell again. He took a deep breath and calmed himself down. "Look, I can find any person anywhere on the planet, okay? There's just something weird with your friend, Enzo. I can't get a read."

"Enzo?" Stefan repeated as sudden anxiety washed over him. "Didn't he, uh— go to Cape Horn?"

"He flipped his humanity switch. There should've been a body count all the way to the airport."

"I still don't understand why you're looking for him." Riley hummed from her seated position while her legs were on Damon's lap.

"Gee, I don't know. Vampire with no humanity who wants me dead for killing his girl. Hmm." Damon sarcastically answered and then shot Riley a light smile afterwards. "I don't really want him coming in, all no-humanity and killing my girl as revenge."

"Well, maybe he hired a witch to block whatever Luke's doing." Stefan turned his head toward the two witches in the room. "Is that possible?"

Riley raised an eyebrow. She told Stefan that she didn't agree with him keeping the secret from Damon and that he should tell him, but this seemed like he was trying to cover his tracks. "Sure, yeah. I mean, a cloaking spell is possible, but—"