𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

CHAPTER TWENTY | PROMISED LAND

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE EVENTS THAT OCCURRED AFTR DAMON FOUND OUT ABOUT ENZO'S DEATH WERE NOTHING SHORT OF IRRITATING. Enzo had seemingly caused a diversion, causing the vampires to be distracted, whilst the Travelers arrived and kidnapped Stefan and Elena. Since then, Damon and Riley had been working tirelessly to try and locate them.

Damon stood in front of a Traveler that he had kidnapped, a spray bottle in his hand. "Wakey, wakey." He muttered in a patronising tone, after spraying his face with water. He then pulled a business card from the man's jacket pocket. "Mr. Sikes. Head of Corporate accounts."

"He's not gonna be easy to interrogate if he's got that cloth in his mouth, you know." The witch pointed to the white gag that was tied around the Traveler's mouth, clearly prohibiting him from speaking. "I thought you were an expert?|

"Whoops. Sorry, about that." Damon gave Riley a look and then pulled the gag from the man's mouth. "Can't have you mumbling any of those annoying traveler ditties. It's a sure migraine. So, here's the deal— my brother and his ex girlfriend have both been kidnapped by Travelers and we can't seem to find them anywhere. I mean, like, poof gone. My girl can't get a read on them, but that's to be expected. So, beside a completely clueless Hybrid in my basement and a cave full of sleeping Travelers, we've got nothing to go on except you. So, I'm gonna need you to tell us where we can find your leader, Markos."

Riley narrowed her eyes toward the traveler. The girl had woken up considerably angered considering she was unable to locate her two friends. "Start talking."

"What's up, Blondie?" Damon called over his shoulder just as Caroline entered the parlour with her eyes fixed to her phone.

"Liv and Luke aren't answering any of my—" She raised her head from her phone and gasped at the sight of the man bound to the chair in the middle of the room. "Oh, my God. Mr. Sikes?"

"I'm sorry, what? You know this guy?" Riley scoffed in amazement.

"Yeah. He helped me open my first savings account." The blonde vampire pouted. "He gave me a lollipop."

"Well, unfortunately Mr. Sikes here is occupied by some low-life Traveler. I saw him and his buddies chanting in the town square last week. I also know that Markos, and your passenger comrades are planning some big flashy spell to undo some super boring, ancient witch curse. And, where that sucks for us, it just happens to undo all the witch magic, i.e. kill me, and my sexy blonde frenemy here."

Caroline knew it was time for her to try her luck with the Traveler. "If you know where Markos took Stefan and Elena, you need to tell us."

Damon listened closely as he tried to speak again, but was unable to since Damon gagged him once more. The Salvatore pulled the gag from his mouth. "Come here, sweetie pie."