prologue

prologue 

"Addie!" I growl, shoving my way through the swarm of tourists. "Adeliade, where are you?" 

My calls fall on deaf ears, and my little sister is no where to be found.

I see a commotion up ahead, as a man's shoulder bumps my own. A group of girls are laughing and chattering at something, but I am focused on finding an annoying little blonde.

"Adeliade!" I shout.

"Peter!" A girl counters.

The sound of laughter grows closer and as just as I spot a little girl in a pink dress, I am suddenly falling. A weight knocks me over, Adelaide turns. I gasp in surprise as an arm curls around my waist, reaching forward. My hands press against a chest and I am suddenly face to face with Peter Pan.

"Woah!" He says in surpise, brown eyes wide and gleaming in the sunlight. I blink at him in shock, lips parting. We stay like that for a moment and then he smiles, releasing me from his hold. "Were you running from pirates? I was running from girls." 

"Uh, yeah." I stutter, realizing my hand is still clutching his green shirt. I let go quickly, a blush painting my cheeks.

"Wow, you're really red." He says, all smiles and dark eyebrows. "Like Hook when he's angry."

"I'm just hot." I say.

"Yeah, okay." He takes a strand of my dark hair, twisting it in his fingers. "Were you really running from pirates?"

"Uh." I stare at his hand with raised brows. "No."

"Are your eyes different colors?" He inquires, his own thick brows rising. He peers at me intently, realizing that my eyes are ideed different colors. "Yeah." He says, answering his own question. "One's blue and the others brown."

He smiles down at me, and I'm breathless.

"Did you lose your voice?" His grin widens. "Ariel can help you with that. She lost her voice once, too. Should I call her over?" 

"No, no." I shake my head, backing away from him. My eyes dart behind him as his fists rest on his hips, but Adelaide is gone again.

I resist the urge to curse, and ball up my own fists in irritation.

"Are you sure?" He askes, tilting his head at me and furrowing his brows.

"Yeah, I-I'm sure." I stutter, glancing towards one of the rides.

"Alright, then. If your sure." He shifts his weight, turning to leave.

"Wait!" I reach for his arm. He spins on his heels, folding his arms as I stammer. "Will you help me find my litte sister, Adelaide? She wondered off looking for Flynn and Rapunzel and now I can't find her."

"So, she's a lost girl . . ." He bobs his chin, that playful grin returning as he hooks his elbow through mine. His bright eyes meet mine as he says, "Well, let's go find her!"