Chapter 1- Fake Friends

A/N~

Hi everyone! This is my second story, so please no hate if it isn't all that good.xx

~Lex(:xx

Chapter 1~

***Kennedi's POV***

It all really started when I was six. There was a boy in my first grade class who nobody seemed to talk to, nor did they notice him. He was going through a tough time, rumors said his mother had died in a car accident. Typical, probably driving drunk. I decided to become his friend, and to comfort him.

It was an excellent idea to talk to him, because it changed my life forever.

I found out his name was Harry, and that he went by the nickname of Hazza. I called him Hazza from the moment that he told me. We were inseparable. I told my mom about his curly hair, his bright green eyes, and everything that we had talked about. She considered him as my imaginary friend, because she said there was nobody in my class named Harry.

I was very confused to see that he really wasn't in my class photo. He was at school on picture day that year. My mother said it was because he was only visible in my mind, but I didn't believe her. We were always the best of friends, he did whatever I wanted to do. We were friends forever! Until sixth grade, of course.

I slowly lost interest in talking to Harry, and he just disappeared. I became very popular in my class, and hung out with only the most top of the pyramid girls. Rachel, Halle, and Christa were my best friends. We had sleepovers, went shopping, and even camped together. Our parents became very close and so we went over to each others houses often.

The fight happened so quickly, I hadn't really even noticed it happened. The girls and I spread apart so quickly it was like we were on fast forward. Then Harry started hanging out with me again. We became close again very quickly, catching up on the year we had lost.

"I was traveling around the United States." Harry had told me. That was where I had always dreamed of going to, which is why he went there.

Nowadays, Harry and I share an apartment right down the road from my parents house. We aren't a couple, just roommates. We decided we wouldn't become a couple, because it might ruin our bond. I can't say I was happy about that decision. I wanted desperately to get ahold of him. He is my dream boy.

Of course, it isn't the best of both worlds. I was happy, but my parents weren't. They insisted I saw a therapist, though I don't know why. They would scream at me at points, most likely when I brought Harry to the house to visit.

"HE ISN'T REAL, KENNEDI. GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!" My father would scream as I cried into Harry's shoulder. My father never really got it through his head that Harry was real, my father was just too stubborn to believe it.

I finally got some friends when Harry went off to college. I told them all about him, and they were desperate to meet him.

"Oh my scrumptious! He sounds totally hot! When do we get to meet the stud muffin?" Jill asked me as we were headed to the outlet. He was coming home from college in a month, but I wanted alone time with him when he got back. Just one on one for awhile.

"He's coming back in about two months." I lied, hoping they would believe it. Why wouldn't they? They didn't even know him!

Harry decided to call me on Valentines Day, "Hey Kenn! I'm coming home from college early this year! Turns out they're doing some renovating to the school! I'm getting my bachelors degree as a doctor sooner!" He screamed into the phone. I shrieked with joy, I wanted to kiss him! Of course, we were just friends, so I wanted to hug him. No kissing.

I couldn't wait until he got back!

******

~15 days later~

Harry walked through the door of the apartment, and I threw confetti everywhere. Jill and Addie were sitting on the couch. Staring at me weirdly.

"Are you practicing or something, Kenni? He's not home yet." Addie said slowly. I frowned at them, wondering why they were pulling such a prank on me.

"No, Harry is standing right here! Welcome home!" I said, looking at him. My grin found it's way back to my face when he hugged me back. Addie and Jill started to get up slowly, and I was wondering if they were going to go get the cake out of the fridge.

"Goodie! Addie and Jill are going to go get the cake out of the fridge! It's marble, our favorite!" I yelled, and Harry held his ears. I apologized as he sat on the couch.

"So, how was college? Meet any girls like I know you wanted to?" I smiled at him. He had an emotionless expression, and so I shut up and sat next to him, my head leaning on his shoulder.

"College was good. I got a job at the hospital downtown. Still sort of learning, but that's alright! Didn't find no girls, which is okay. You're my best friend, and I'm afraid if I get a girlfriend it might come between us." He smiled at me. There he goes again, always making me happy and agreeing with me!

"Thanks! You are the only boy in my life, too. Other than my dad, of course." I said and he laughed. I was laughing with him when I saw Addie and Jill peeking in the doorway from the kitchen.

"Hey guys! Did you get the cake?" I asked and they slowly nodded. Ever since Harry got home they were acting weird. Maybe they liked him a little.

"Umm.. yeah. So, uh, where's Harry?" Jill asked, like she didn't even see him on the couch next to me!

"Oh wow Jill. Very funny. It's not like he's sitting right next to me or anything." I said and laughed. Jill and Addie didn't even smirk. They were acting weird...

"He's not." Addie said, lifting her eyebrows at me. I immediately frowned at them. They were in on the joke with my parents. Trying to make me and Harry believe he's not real. I stood up and pointed to the door.

"Please leave. I do not like being pranked by people that are in on the joke with my parents." I said, eyes filling with tears. Why would they do this to me? Harry was my bestfriend and nobody treated him with any respect! They didn't even have a reason not to like him! All he said was hi to them!

I sat down next to Harry and he cuddled me while Addie and Jill apologized and left. I heard them say something about a freak when they were closing the door behind them.

Whatever! I don't care what they say, I have Harry, and he's all I'll ever need! Why are there so many fake friends in this world? They should be happy about me having a friend as good as Harry, not joking about it!

A/N~

Hiya guys! What do you think about the beginning of this book so far? I've been working on it for awhile, and decided I just had to post it and see what you guys think! let me know(:

~Lexi(:xx