𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒐𝒆

𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐬𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐰𝐚 𝐱 𝐤𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐞𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐠

it was finally christmas and seonghwa couldn't anticipate it any longer, why? because he decided to confess his feelings for his best friend yeosang that day. he wasn't sure how did that happen nor when, the only thing he was sure of was that he truly loved him.

seonghwa decided to go for typical christmas confessions, standing under the mistletoe and just saying everything he wanted to say, he couldn't hold it any longer. usually seonghwa wouldn't be the one who takes the first step due to his shyness and fear of rejection. however, he wanted to overcome those fears and do it because now his biggest fear was losing yeosang. he promised himself that even if yeosang didn't like him back, he'd always be his best friend because yeosang's friendship was so valuable for him and he wouldn't let anything stand in the way of it, even if he got rejected.

he looked at the clock as it read 8:45 PM, almost fifteen minutes and yeosang would be here like they planned to. it was an annual habit of them to spend christmas together and watch movies, seonghwa let a heavy sigh escape from his lips. just the mere thought of not being able to spend time like that with yeosang ever again was terrifying for him, yeosang was the only reason his life was great and his world was complete. he roamed around the place and made sure everything was perfect before lying himself on the couch waiting for yeosang.

he checked the clock again, 9:30. seonghwa immediately got concerned because yeosang usually doesn't show up late for a meeting, plus he lives near him so it doesn't take long to get to seonghwa's place. seonghwa bit his lower lip and decided to text him just in case something happened to him especially since the weather was snowing outside, which added more to seonghwa's concerns.

he immediately grabbed his phone and clicked on the last conversation of him and yeosang before rapidly typing some words on the keyboard.

SEONGHWA: yeosang where are you ?? i'm so worried
delievered: 9:33 PM

he locked the phone and placed it back on the table in hopes of yeosang replying but unfortunately he didn't. seonghwa was just about to go outside and look for him when he heard a loud 'ding' indicating that someone was outside. he immediately rushed to the door hoping it'd reveal a standing yeosang, and it did.

seonghwa didn't have to think twice before tightly hugging yeosang, to which the latter responded by placing his freezing cold hands on seonghwa's warm back and seonghwa seemed to not be bothered, he was just glad to see yeosang was safe.

"what took you so long i was so worried that i was about to go outside and look for you! i thought something bad might have happened to you!" seonghwa's eyes were slightly teary, of course yeosang noticed it and wrapped his arm around him while wiping seonghwa's face with his free hand.

"i'm sorry for worrying you. you see, i wanted to surprise you so i went to this gift shop across the street and of course it was super crowded because everyone was buying stuff at the last minute so that's why i was late." yeosang explained as seonghwa felt himself calmer, yet curious to know what yeosang got for him. just then he noticed yeosang was holding a small box in between his hands.

'what could possibly be there?'

seonghwa's gaze was focused on the box yeosang was holding, eagerly waiting to see what was inside. when yeosang noticed the curious look on seonghwa's face he slightly chuckled at how seonghwa acted like a little kid waiting for his first christmas gift.

"here, open it seonghwa." yeosang said, slowly giving him the box which the latter happily took. but just when he was about to open it yeosang grabbed his hand.