Rain (a lightxl one shot)

LIGHT'S POV

I sat in my chair lost in thought, staring at the computer screen. A loud crash of thunder suddenly brought me back to reality. I heard a small gasp come from beside me. On my left sat a wide-eyed L looking out the window.

"It's raining Light-kun." He said, his lips forming into a small smile.

"Yes it is Ryuzaki" I turned my head to look at him. His eyes were wider than usual. He seemed ... exited? He looked at me.

"Let's go outside Light-kun"

"What?"

"It'll be exiting, no? Dancing outside in the rain."

"You could get struck by lightning!"

"It's highly improbable for that to happen."

"But... why?"

He put his thumb on his lip and tilted his head a bit to the right.

"When I was a child, Watari and I would go outside when it rained. We would take walks, dance, and splash around in puddles. Those are some of the best memories I have so I've always loved the rain"

He looked like a small child, talking about his favorite toy. It was almost cute.

"Sure" I sighed, "let's go.

L smiled and stood up from his chair.

****************************************

"You're not going to put a jacket on?" I asked L.

"What fun is it to play in the rain if you don't get soaked by the end?" He said, and pulled down my hood.

I looked at him then took off my jacket.

"Let's go." He told me.

L grabbed my hand and pulled me outside. I was instantly drenched. I frowned. L on the other hand, started laughing. He laughed and laughed until I thought he was going crazy. He stopped and turned to face me. He stuck out his hand.

"May I have the honor of a dance?" He asked.

I smiled.

"You may."

And then I spun L. He spun around and around and around and... Then he slipped and fell. And because he was holding my hand I fell with him. No. On top of him. My legs were around his and my arms were keeping me up over his face. We made eye contact then my eyes went lower, past his nose down to his slightly parted lips. I lowered my head and our lips touched.

I heard L suck in a breath. I quickly raised my head.

"Sorry, I-I don't know why I just did tha-" I started but then felt L's hand on my neck. He pulled me down and my lips met his. I closed my eyes and our lips moved in sync. He pulled back.

"Well this isn't how Watari and I used to play in the rain but I think I like this way much better."