• 8 •

If you had my love
And I gave you all my trust
Would you comfort me?
And if somehow you knew
That your love would be untrue
Would you lie to me?
If you had my love
And I gave you all my trust
Would you comfort me?
And if somehow you knew
That your love would be untrue
Would you lie to me?

Renée Pov

We sat on each end of the porch steps thinking about the moment we had just shared. I felt Leon’s gaze on my face but I didn’t look at him, I didn’t have to look at him.

“When did you stop loving me?” the question tumbled out of my mouth but I didn’t feel the need to censor myself. I stole a quick glance at him to see him clearly thinking about the question.

He ran a hand down his face, “I don’t know.” He tore his eyes from me and looked at the gleaming stars above us.

“I don’t know why. You were my everything.” I didn’t miss the fact that he used past tense.

“Were?”

“I can’t dwell on us getting back together when now I for sure know we aren’t.” he sighed. “Sometimes I have to lie to myself until that lie becomes a reality.” There was only a silence after he said that.

“I don’t think I stopped loving you, I just decided to do stupid things and thought that nothing would catch up with me.” He explained after some time.

I placed my elbow on my knee and my cheek in my palm, I started to stare at him until our eyes connected.

A lump formed in my throat and my eyes became glassy, “Leon you hurt me so bad.” My words came out in a sob, I didn’t want to cry but I couldn’t stop it.

He looked conflicted, his fists were clenched and so was his jaw.

“I hate to admit if but you were my everything too. I became to dependent on you as my happiness and that’s my fault but I can’t help but be angry at you because you still do it. You weren’t supposed to still make me smile and laugh. Your not supposed to” I was saying this like he could just take it out of his pocket and give it back to me.

I wiped my face that was covered in tears. My nose was getting hard to breathe out of and my head was starting to hurt.

“What do you want to do then?” he asked.

“I want to get over you.”