Unedited Chapters 1-9

So, I've been looking back at this story, and... well... it's kind of shit. I don't think I really knew what I was doing back when I wrote this. However, I don't want to just delete all on you guys, and I didn't want to create an entirely new book for the edited version, so all of the unedited, old chapters will be condensed into this one chapter. If you're new and not interested in the old, unedited version, skip to the next chapter.

Warning: There will probably be a few spoilers for some people if you've only read the edited version of the main story. I'm probably going to be keeping this AU a bit more straightforward when it comes to Masami and her character. Also, this new and edited version of the AU will probably be a lot darker and more angsty than the original, so, uh, proceed with caution.

Prologue

A hooded figure let out a soft sigh as she swung her legs back and forth from atop the building she was sitting. Silvery wisps of white hair flew out from her hood as the wind blew loudly at the high spot. At the present moment, she was watching Detective Naomasa Tsukauchi place his hands on his knees, panting in exhaustion as he stood in the alleyway below.

"Apologies Detective," He looked up at the girl in surprise as she spoke up. He hadn't even realized she was there! "I didn't realize this little chase would last for so long. I have to give you guys some credit! I never would have imagined that you guys would have come so close to actually catching me."

In all actuality, they were nowhere close to catching her.

And Naomasa knew that.

"And yet, you always manage to slip away." The detective sighed. It always ended this way, and it was almost starting to seem like an endless game of cat and mouse. "You're an enigma, Shirokage. In both your strength and your thought processes. You really are..."

"Sorry about that," The girl, now known as Shirokage, gave a soft, unnoticeable smile that was hidden by her gas mask as she jumped down from the building and landed in a crouch in front of Naomasa. Her lithe movements almost reminded the man of a cat but a dangerous one. "I like to think I'm entitled to my secrets though."

"As true as that may be," Speaking of truth, Naomasa couldn't deny that Shirokage was probably one of the most honest criminals, or vigilante as she liked to point out, that he knew. He had never once heard her tell a lie in his presence. "It still doesn't make it easy to understand why you chose to become a vigilante over a hero. Unlike other vigilantes, you follow the same rules as heroes, and you refuse to hurt those that try to arrest you. In fact, you barely even harm the villains you capture."

"Well," Shirokage sighed as she began to lean against one of the brick walls. "As ironic as it is, I am against violence. As for why I don't become a hero... I don't deserve that title. I never have, and I never will..."

Naomasa frowned at that. With his quirk, he could tell that she truly believed that. It only raised even more questions. However, there were always questions when it came to this certain vigilante.

"That matter aside," Naomasa could only sweat drop at the mischievous tone in the vigilante's voice. It was clear that she was smirking... "You look quite exhausted. Don't tell me you're starting to get a bit old?"

The detective wasn't even offended at this point. She did stuff like this every time they met. Though, she normally waited to start her teasing until she wanted to change the topic. And now, Naomasa could only sigh at the attempts to offend him.

"I wish I could say the same to you," It was true. Shirokage most definitely seemed young. If Naomasa had to guess, he would say the vigilante was only in her only twenties. She definitely had the figure and spunk of someone that young.