Disclaimer // how it works

First things first

I don't own to the rights to neither 'Bandersnatch', nor the original books, nor the photos used. Those rights and only those go to their creators. The rest is all mine, so if you want to copy or quote it, ask me. If you have any questions, pieces of advice or recommendations, feel free to share x I freaking hope this is going to work out.

Second things second

In this fanfiction, you and only you are the master taking the decisions for your character.

At every chapter's end, you will get to decide between two choices, just like in Bandersnatch you can still watch on Netflix (TM) and the books it is has been inspired by. Just like in the show, there are no 'bad', nor 'good' choices, they just lead you to different paths.

For this reason, the ending may be the most cheerful but also the saddest, depending.

If you get in a deadend, I will ask you to: Go back. If you have to go back, you get whether to go back to the chapter that lead you to this choice - knowing that the other choice will not lead you to going back - or to a chapter prior to the one you just left. To put in a nutshell, you have the right to choose from where you want to go back.

In any other case, a choice commits you to follow the instructions. If Choice 1 asks you to go to Chapter 5 directly, it will mean that you will have to skip to Chapter 5 to keep reading, otherwise it will not make any sense.

Example:

You had been there so many times, yet every morning, you asked yourself what cereals you would eat. It was a ridiculous debate with yourself but it took you like ten minutes, just to find out what you would have for breakfast.

Choice !: Sugar Puffs. Go straight to Chapter #.
Choice ?: Frosties. Go straight to Chapter *.

Just before we start with your first choice, I just want to let you know that I'm really grateful if you are reading this and enjoy the rest of it!

Before you were even born, your parents perhaps made assomptions on what you would be. A girl? They would teach you with respect for yourself and a certain nonchalance. A boy? They would have made a perfect gentleman out of you. By growing up, you would intertwine with friends whom would quickly become a member of your family.

Choice 1: You are a girl in this work, because you feel like one. Your friend will be Alice. Go straight to Chapter 2.

Choice 2: You are a boy in this, for the same reasons. Your friend will be Bertie. Go straight to Chapter 3.