Chocolate Chip Pancakes

The cold breeze flew through New york as the sun rose above the sky. Natalia woke up drenched in sweat from the nightmare she had. "fuck...fuck, not again" she whispered to herself hoping her roommate, Juliet couldn't hear. Nightmares were sort of an every night thing for her, due to her abusive child nature and childhood.

Around 7 in the morning she finally got up from the bedsheets, walking to the bathroom she had inside her room which connected to hers and juliet's. Quietly, shutting the door she locked it and turned on the shower. Finding herself in the hot steam and burning holes of water into her back, thinking. She thought about her childhood bestfriend, she always though of him but never understood why. For years she tried to come into contact with Luke, no one could find him. The other day at the store she swore she saw someone who resembled his looks exactly.

Nat was placing the money from the customer into the register when she punched in the order. "Next! Hello i'm Natalia, what could I get you today?" She said as she continued to look down at the register. The boy across from her, smiled at her softly "A chocolate chip pancake and a coke with a hashbrown please." his voice sounded so familiar but she couldn't figure out where from.

She looked up at the boy realizing it was her long lost bestfriend. But she was too afraid to say anything and took the change placing it in the register. "Thank you, ill bring you your food once it's ready!"