👣 Prologue 🐾

This book is inspired off of the Miraculous Ladybug comic dub True Love's Kiss. I do not own this comic or the show, Miraculous Ladybug. All rights go to the creators.

Enjoy!!😁

{+}{+}{+}

Adrien opened the door, letting in a cold breeze from Paris's night air. There in front of the door stood an old beggar woman.

Her wrinkles had wrinkles, nose long with a few warts, and used a cane to steady herself. A black cloak covered the short lady head to toe to keep her warm.

"What do you want?" Adrien asked, ticked off that some random old lady was bugging him. This was the only time for him to relax while his father was away. No one even seemed to care that he wanted a break from working.

"May I stay for one night and in return for your generosity, a cat collar," she offered. Adrien stared at her for a moment then burst out with laughter in a maniacal way. He calmed down with a devious smile on his face. This old hag was probably just another ridiculous fan.

"Sure, you can come in...when you're dead because the only way you'll ever get in is if you're a ghost," Adrien said, then slammed the door in her face.

The blonde walked back to his bedroom to call his girlfriend, Chloe. She was probably waiting for him to call since it had been five minutes later because of the old geezer outside.

Adrien finally arrived back at his room after walking down empty, endless halls. So quiet that the sound of a pin dropped onto the floor could be heard. It was a perk for having a rich, heartless father who only stays in his office.

The blonde teen never really saw his father unless it was something important. Though, it seemed that work was more important than anything else to him.

Adrien didn't mind it that much. In fact, he was used to it since it's been like this since his mother died when he was young. His father has been absent and bitter ever since, Adrien being in the line of fire for every problem.

The green-eye boy opened the door to jump back in fright when seeing the old woman standing in the corner. Adrien was about to yell at the crazy lady that broke into his house.

That was until being cut off when seeing her eyes glow and in a flash, the beggar woman turned into a cute little witch. She stood tall and confident with a look of cuteness and charms. In one hand was a wooden stick while the other was the cat collar.

"Adrien Agreste, son of Emlie and Gabriel
Agreste and famous Parisian model. My name is Tikki, if you didn't know yet, I'm a witch," the small witch greeted.

"Aren't witches outlawed for using magic on people—oh and GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" Adrien snapped, angrily. Tikki tsked at the teen's rude behavior.

"Adrien Agreste, I place a curse on you for having no heart. Until you truly fall in love, you shall remain a black cat," Tikki chanted, pointing her wand at the cat collar. The bell of the collar glittered green until returning to its regular form as before.

Adrien felt light headed as black dots invaded his vision and fell to the floor in a heap. He could see the witch walk over to his still form. He cursed under his breath when feeling the leather of the collar around his neck.

Why can't I move, he thought before hearing a snap. Everything want black and felt something...off feeling uncomfortable.

What was happening? What was going on? What did that witch do to him? Whatever that little demon did, she is going to pay! Pay for breaking and entering his house, ruining his night, and doing whatever that brat just did!

{+}{+}{+}

A light beamed into the room, waking up a grumpy Adrien in the midst of a good nap. He felt strange, different. It was a totally new feeling like...like taking naps in the sunlight or yearning to be petted—scratched on the head, lots of scratches.

The next thing he noticed was the carpet, nice and soft. The warm beams of light made it even better. Then there was the temptation to clean himself-

Adrien opened his emerald eyes quickly, wondering why such thoughts entered his head, and why he was sleeping on the floor. His gaze turned to the room and tried to stand up on two legs but fell down to four.

"Why can't I stand?" He thought, dizzily.

Everything looked bigger from this point of view and felt something touch his behind legs.

"Why was everything bigger than me? More importantly, what touched my legs!?"

Adrien twisted around to see a black tail swishing lazily but it wasn't the only thing he saw. In fact, his whole body was small and cat-like, covered in black fur.

"So you finally woke up," Adrien heard an all to familiar voice. He turned his attention to the witch laying stretched out on his couch, filing her nails.

"What did you do to me?" He tried to ask in an angered voice but it came out a "hiss" instead. Tikki raised an eyebrow as if he were stupid or something.

"I cursed you to be a black cat forever unless you find true love—yada yada. We went over this last night if you forgot," Tikki replied, simply and sassily, rolling her blue eyes. Adrien scoffed not wanting to believe what she said was true.

"This must be a dream," Adrien told himself.

"Rejecting reality is just going to make things harder on you, so you better accept your fate or you'll definitely stay a cat forever," Tikki advised, looking at her fingers. Adrien growled at the little witch.

"You did this to me so you can turn me back, and you better do it quickly or else-"

"Or else what, you are going to go to your father and meow at him? I'm the only human that can understand you, Agreste. You got yourself into this mess because you are unkind and selfish," the redhead argued, glaring down at the cat.

Adrien coldly glared back and stood his ground, growling. He wanted to use his claws to scratch that little face up but didn't know how. Tikki sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"The cat collar around your neck is the source of the curse but it it unbreakable so don't even try," the witch informed, pausing while Adrien tried taking off the collar with no luck.

Tikki continued, "It will give off a different, beautiful ringing noise when the curse is broken. You're lucky unlike my other cursed people who have a limit but yours isn't. I've seen how you've been raised. I'm giving you a second chance to redeem yourself, be grateful."

Adrien really wanted to shut her up. Grateful?! This outraged him and was about to pounce when Tikki snapped her fingers. The cat froze, still as a board, and unable to move.

"Don't make me change my mind, Agreste," she warned before smiling deviously and wiggling her fingers tauntingly. "Tootles."

She snapped her fingers again, and Adrien disappeared from the room.

{+}{+}{+}