The beginning of it all

Y/N  POV
It was my last day in America and I had to spend it packing. Although I was excited, I was also sad and nervous. I was sad that I had to leave everything and everyone that I have ever known and loved.... and I was SOOO nervous because although I knew how to speak Korean because of my fathers travels, I most certainly wasn't ready for living in such a different environment.

As I was heading downstairs to have my very last breakfast before leaving for Korea, I hear my mom call me to the garage. As I get there she says...
"Honey, what stuff did you want to keep and what did you want to donate?" My mom says waiting for an answer. "I'll  just donate everything in the garage." I say.

Before heading upstairs to finish the last of my packing, I stop quickly and turn around as I ask my mom what time we leave for the airport. "We leave in 5 hours, so we have to hurry and finish donating what we need to and pack the little amount of things that are left." I nod in a way that lets her know I understand then head upstairs.

A couple hours past:

A couple hours have passed and I quickly go outside to gather with my friends one last time before I leave.

"I will call you almost everyday if I can, and don't worry, I'll make sure no one tries to get with your little crush Zachary." My best friend May says, knowing that'll make me blush.
As I blush, she teases me as usual...

"I don't know what I'm gonna do without you guys.😭" I say starting to tear up. As Nate sees the tears on my face start to drip, he gently  whips them off and says, "Don't you worry your pretty little head. We will never forget about you." His attempt to try and get me to stop crying backfires and what he says, leads to more tears flowing down my face. By then, everyone ends up tearing up at the sight of me.

It's no secret that Nate likes me. I mean, everyone always says it and teases him about it.

Flashback ~

"Come on Nate. You know you like her." Everyone says.
"So not true." Nate says while blushing at the sound of hearing that.
As all of our friends keep repeating this, I stand there looking down at the ground, kicking some rocks. Trying not to be noticed by everyone, because in all honesty, it was quite embarrassing. Not just for me, but especially for him.

End of flashback ~

"Time to leave for the airport Y/N." My dad says while getting into the car. "Coming." I say with a last goodbye wave to my friends.
It kills me to have to leave them. They've been there for me through thick and thin. I could always trust them with anything and everything. Yet I'm leaving the only true friends I've ever had?!!!

My mom looks back at me while on the way to the airport. "What's wrong hun?" My mom asks with a worried expression on her face. "Why are we leaving again?" I ask. "You already know the answer Y/N.... My mom says in a 'I know what I'm doing' kind of voice. "Yet I don't understand why I have to come." I say coldly.
There's a slight pause...
"Hun, you know that you can't stay behind. We would be to worried." " Your father had an AMAZING opportunity and he took it." "This job that you're father took will be good for all of us." I then nod as she goes on.

We finally get to the airport and to my surprise, it didn't take long at all for the people to check our luggage's, considering how many people were there. We then head on to the plane.

Those past hours on the flight had passed and we had finally landed in South Korea. It had looked odd yet amazing at the same time. I've never seen so many lights 😱. I think to myself.  "Which city is this that we landed in mom and dad?" I ask astonished by my surroundings. "This beautiful place right here is Seoul, where we will be living and you will be going to school." My mom and dad answers basically in unison.

Sorry for the short story. I promise it gets better and the stories are longer along the way.

P.S I hope you enjoy. This is my first story and first time on Wattpad.