1 Year

Hey there!

Yes you… Right there!

Just wanted you to know that I love you, and hopefully you love my story.

*This is completely made up; I don’t have cancer at all.

Prologue

365 Days left

“I’m sorry Mrs. Akers, I really am.” Dr. Sullivan announced. “But your daughter has a very high risk brain cancer.

At that moment my mother burst out into tears. It hurt me to see her like this, she was so strong. She had been through thick and thin with me, and was always there.

“Mom, it’s okay, I’ll make it. I won’t give up” I coaxed as the waterfalls poured. This even shocked me. I had no idea that I had cancer! I figured the worst that I had was pneumonia or something like that. But cancer? I was scared; I was terrified. But I needed to stay strong, for me, for my friends, and for my family.

It all started a few weeks ago. Each day I felt dizzy, and I fainted a few times. I figured It was from dehydration or something minor. It progressively got worse. I started blacking out, I started losing my memories, and I started imagining things. It was awful. I had no Idea how I would tell my mom, but somehow, I did.

“Mrs. Akers, could you please accompany me outside” The Doctor asked.  Why couldn’t she say this in front of me? I’m not a baby anymore, I’m 17! I deserve to know what was going on with my health. So I did what any teen would do- I crept up to the door, and laid one ear on the wooded frame.

“Mam, I’m really sorry to inform you, but Amber only has 1 year left to live. Her cancer is very severe, and I am so sorry” The doctor apologized.

1 year? That’s only 12 months, only 52 weeks! I had 365 days to live, but I knew I would make them last.

So this is just a preview of the story. If you like it, don’t be afraid to comment or fan! Love you all!

xxAddisonxx