▪︎¤◇Chapter 1◇¤▪︎

"My lord, the letter from the Baron of Castrenna has arrived." The butler said with his head low.

"Him again? What does he have a say now?" Len said, opening the letter.

The young man's eyebrows furrowed as he read the papers and he sighed sick of it, throwing the letter onto the desk. "Again, another bunch of nonsense from him." He said. "Just what in earth does he have in his head? He's just a commoner trying to mingle his way into royalty. He's nothing but all deceits and lies."

Len Kagamine, was the Duke from the Ophelia Chateau family, one of the most richest and powerful. He took his father's role when the man passed away old age and his mother lived back in her home country.

There was nothing much in his life, other than receiving letters, holding balls, meeting other nobles or the King and Queen, paper work, training his soldiers or having a cup of coffee.

He was fairly young too, making him very impressive as he was also a military lieutenant. But that also meant that he had a rough childhood of expectations from his father. His father, now dead and his mother living in her own home back in her home country, he loved alone in his dark office.

"Did you get the invitations handed out as I had asked?" Len asked, tapping the stack of papers on to his desk before putting them aside.

"Yes, my lord."

"Good to hear, you are dismissed." He ordered. "And bring me a cup of coffee please."

The poor young man had only 6 hours of sleep so he often fell asleep at his desk at random times.

"Yes, my lord. I would like to ask, my lord....." the butler said. "You are almost now 17, so it would be an appropriate time to start thinking about marriage."

"Marriage?" Len asked with a raised eyebrow. "I'm not in the good state to be in love right now."

"Ah, but, you can always try, my lord. You must know how to meet and know about women."

"I greet the Queen and meet Countesses everyday. I don't need to."

"But not in the topic of love."

"Right, I heard enough. You are to leave."

At another place, a young pretty lady was on her way back home sitting elegantly in her carriage in the long path. "Lady Rin, I hope you remember there is to be a ball held tomorrow at the Duke of Ophelia Chateau's mansion." Her head maid and caretaker said.

"Yes, I know this, Charlotte." Lady Rin said as she looked out the window.

The carriage finally reached the Edelsteine mansion, and with the guard's help she carefully stepped out as the maids all greeted her in her arrival. "Welcome back, Lady Rin."

"Thank you. You are all dismissed." Lady Rin said.

She walked her way to the office and knocked on the door, entering when given permission to come in by the person inside. "Father, I am back." She said, walking into the office.

"Ah, Rin dear. Welcome back. I'm sure you must be tired from the long ride." Her father said, standing up.

"I am fine, father. I will be in my room." Rin excused herself.

It was a serene afternoon and she dazzled in her purple rose patterned dress and sat back against the soft velvet cushions on the chaise lounge in a relaxed attracting pose. The table in front of her was filled with expensive chocolates, macarons, bottles of perfume, makeup, cakes, champagnes as boxes of variety of ribbons, flower bouquets, necklaces and new gowns surrounded her. They were a either gifted from other people or bought from her shopping hauls.