Tansies & Yellow Carnations

To Baekhyun, planting, sorting and selling flowers had become a daily routine by now, since he decided to open up a little shop about three years ago to remind himself of his mother, who used to own an enormous garden filled with all kinds of plants.

Knowing that it would be long day, the male sighed quietly as he stood behind the counter and waited for the door to open and someone entering, making the time go by faster. Even though he loved his job and had the same interests as his mother, boredom wasn't something unfamiliar.

Constantly glancing at the clock on the wall, Baekhyun hoped that time could go by faster so he could finally eat his lunch and swap places with his only employee, since he has been standing there since early in the morning.

When said employee finally arrived, Baekhyun sighed in relief that he could finally stretch out his legs. Bidding his employee goodbye before leaving him with a "to-do list", the smaller exited the shop while humming to a random song.

After picking up some groceries on the way home, Baekhyun was reaching for the keys in his pockets when a bouquet of flowers lying on the mattress in front of his door caught his attention. Without hesitation, he picked them up and put them in a vase as soon as he entered his average-sized apartment. Preventing them from drying out.

Taking a closer look, he noticed that these very flowers were his favorite kind – Hibiscus syriacus.

Baekhyun hummed in confusion. He didn't recall telling anyone about his preference for flowers. Pobably got sent to the wrong person, he thought as he placed the vase on his desk in his bedroom. Even if he thought the plants weren't for him, he still smiled at the sight. They brought back happy memories which the male seemed to had long forgotten.

Baekhyun stared at the bag full of all kinds of groceries, not knowing what to cook. It wasn't like he had a wide range of choices anyway, since he really wasn't the one who did well with pans, ovens, pots or whatever utensils one used for cooking.

Ramen it is, Baekhyun sighed, disappointed at himself that he couldn't make anything else other than ramen along with vegetables or maybe meat (if he didn't manage to burn it).

While the pot in front of him was brewing with ramen, Baekhyun grooved to the songs of his favorite artist – EXO. He also made sure to check the food from time to time, to not overcook it.

Suddenly the music stopped and was instead replaced by his annoying default ringtone (which he kept forgetting to change). Groaning in slight annoyance, he grabbed the ringing device and looked at the caller ID, before picking up.

"Hey, Sehun. What's up?"

"There's a customer being proble— difficult. Could you maybe swing by and help me out? Excuse me, please don't touch that—"

Afterwards Baekhyun could only hear some shuffling and then the call ended.

"Hello? Sehun?" What the—

As he put the phone aside, he was suddenly reminded that his noodles were still cooking. Shit. Quickly, the male hurried to the kitchen, turned off the electronic and let out a long sigh when he saw that the ramen was still eatable. Thank god.

Deciding that he'll just eat later, Baekhyun threw on a jacket, took his phone along with the keys and exited his apartment. He got on his bicycle and drove to his shop.

"Good afternoon! Welcome to our flower shop. How can I help y—"

"What kinda flowers do you give someone you despise?"