Fresh Start | Part 1

A/N: I decided to binge watch The Flash for like the 5th time and this story idea popped into my head. (I think I might make this into a series). This takes place around season 2 episode 1 but the fake 'Jay Garrick' hasn't introduced himself to the team yet. This story is mostly canon with a few things changed.
Warnings: References to torture?
Word Count: 2839
y/n = Your name
Davis = Your Last Name

There comes a moment in every person's life where you come to a startling realisation. For some, it happens in high school, for others, it can be years into their career before they realise. But the moment it happens, the moment that switch is flipped, you can never go back.

It's the moment where you realise that not everything will work out in the end. There won't always be a happy ending. For the select few, the world will just never be right.

And unfortunately, you were one of those few.

You came to understand that the world was not what it seemed to be; your father was not the amazing person you thought him to be; and the people who serve to protect were the ones you needed protecting from.

***
It's been almost 2 years since you were accidentally sent back to the past and, to be honest, you were kind of grateful.

Of course you were worried about how your underground business was going but you had made sure there were protocols set in place in the event that something happened to you. You knew the people who needed to stand up and take your place would do so with minimal resistance from everyone else because, so long as people got their IDs, ration cards and money, there wasn't really much of an issue.

You were doing relatively well for yourself and, luckily for you, you were carrying your bag when you were accidentally sent back by Micah. That bag contained your laptop which had everything in it: the mask you used to hide your identity, information like the programs you used to funnel money from the corrupt banks to give to those who needed it, and a list of buildings that you knew had been abandoned for almost 4 decades. In the beginning, you stayed in one of those buildings, and managed to get yourself through the police academy and was able to get a job at CCPD.

You had heard about the effects of time travel and how one little change could ripple throughout time which is why you only worked as a desk cop, pushing papers, because, at least that way, you could keep an eye on everything that was going on without accidentally interfering.

You watched as the particle accelerator exploded, exposing everyone in Central City to dark matter; as the Flash became Central City's hero and as the Arrow teamed up with the Flash. You watched as reports of a 'Burning Man', better known as Firestorm, was exposed to the world, and most importantly, as Harrison Wells was revealed to be Eobard Thawne aka Reverse Flash, which somehow caused a black hole to tear the city apart before being stopped by the Flash.

Six months after that incident, however, was when you were revealed to Team Flash. For the 2 years you had been stranded here, you kept to yourself, working at CCPD, getting coffee at Jitters which was amazingly cheap, and watching the news. But you often helped the Flash with meta humans and because you knew how to disappear without a trace, he was never able to catch you.

But that was all about to change...

It had been a couple of weeks since the Flash was attacked at his own ceremony by a meta human who was later defeated, and for the most part, life had gotten back to normal.
Well, back to whatever passes for normal in Central City.

You were sitting at your desk, writing reports on crimes, when there was a commotion around the massive TV screen in the police department. You got up from your seat and huddled with the rest of the officers as you watched the news report.